FT/PT Occupational Therapist - Stanthorpe
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 24-Jul-2018
- : Stanthorpe QLD 4380
Stanthorpe is 2.5 hours from Brisbane and is well known for its growing wine industry and bush parklands. The region is typified by large granite rock attractions for the active person with great 4WD, camping, rock climbing experiences nearby for the more adventurous at heart. Stanthorpe is well known for it's restaurants, wineries and tourist attractions. It is well-resourced with a number of excellent schools, medical practices, a vibrant shopping precinct, gyms and sporting clubs. With a population of 10,000 in the town and surrounding district, Stanthorpe is a fantastic place to live at any stage of life.
The Practice has been servicing Warwick for over 40 years. The Practice is the largest Allied Health practice in the Southern Downs region, and currently employs 6 experienced Physiotherapists (including an Exercise Physiologist), 2 Occupational Therapists, a Remedial Massage Therapist, and a high-quality administration team.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Varied Case load
- Home visits, Aged Care, DVA
- NDIS including Home Modification and Home assessments, working with children with developmental issues
- Ergonomic and workplace assessments
- designing return to work and suitable duties programs
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Corporate Health program design, Occupational Health Rehabilitation.
- May be required to work in Both Warwick and Stanthorpe
- Support is offered from other staff as well as the opportunity to work independently
- New Graduates or Experienced OT's welcome to apply
- Possession of a recognised degree in Occupational Therapy is required and current full registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty
- A current police check will also be a requirement of this position.
There may be some after hours work required from time to time, including occasional Saturday work to cover shifts (but not regular).
- Remuneration based on experience. Starting at $33/hour for New Graduates
- We contribute towards costs of professional development ($1,000 in first year, $500 for following years
plus 2 paid PD leave days per year)
- additional bonus will also be paid out based on productivity and we also have a Loyalty Bonus to reward commitment to the business.
- We support initiative in individual's areas of interest eg. develop new pilates program, or
specialising in paediatrics, women's health, acupuncture etc
- May be entitled to a relocation tax subsidy for the first 6 months.
- May be eligible for National Furthering Education Scholarships for rural employees.
- May be entitled to staff monthly maintenance massage
- Provision of uniform
- Provision of annual CPR and first aid courses
- May be home by 5.05pm - no traffic congestion!
If this is the position for you click apply now.
No Similar Jobs Found.