Full time and Part time Private Occupational Therapist Needed in Cairns
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 29-May-2018
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Private practice in Cairns and the Cairns region. All therapists must be prepared to fill in from time to time at other facilities in their region serviced by Us.
HOURS and REMUNERATION:
Full-time position or permanent part-time– 38 hrs per week – M-F 8.30am-4.40pm. This includes periodic weekend and public holiday work.
Remuneration is as per your employment contract. As a guide:
New graduates/overseas OT: $56,000 gross plus superannuation - total remuneration per annum $61320
Recent graduates: $60,000 gross plus superannuation - $65,700 total remuneration per annum
More experienced OTs: $69,160 gross plus superannuation - $75,730.20 total remuneration per annum
Senior OT: $73500 gross plus superannuation - total remuneration $80,402.50 per annum
The Occupational Therapist will provide Occupational Therapy services within a private practice as well as a community care and residential setting.
Private practice OT work will include EPC, DVA, Workcover, NDIS and private clients with a particular focus on our ageing population and staff who work with ageing clients. Particular areas of practice will include basic hand therapy, splinting, lymphoedema, neurological conditions, rehabilitation, falls prevention, home modification, injury management and prevention.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A successful applicant must demonstrate an ability to perform or be able to competently and rapidly learn:
• Private practice OT skills to treat the clients that present/require management, or the ability to work in with more experienced/skilled OTs.
• To assist the Principal in developing relationships with referrers and stakeholders in the region.
• Delivery of complex pain management under the ACFI (Aged Care Funding Instrument) program (requires therapeutic massage and/or electrotherapy).
• Falls reviews and prevention advice
• Staff education on relevant aspects of elderly care such as positioning post-CVA, pressure area prevention, etc.
• Liaising with doctors, other therapy staff, nursing and care staff on aspects of care for clients
• Clinical note taking
• Group exercise sessions
• Conducting seating, sleeping, and wheelchair seating reviews
• Contracture management
• Community Occupational Therapy referrals
• Professional knowledge and experience in residential and community settings
• Assessments of residential care clients including musculoskeletal, pain, mobility, function.
• Initial assessment of clients including pain review, mobility review, balance testing, sensory testing, perceptual tests, functional reviews.
• Three monthly reviews of residential care clients in terms of mobility, pain, and function.
• Equipment prescription and review in both residential care and in the community including mobility aids, braces and supports, seating and assistive devices for showering, toileting and other ADL’s, pressure area prevention/management devices.
• Home modifications (community referrals)
• Pressure area prevention and management
• Assisting staff members with manual handling of residents including advice on problem solving and injury prevention
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Ability to work well within an allied health team as well as autonomously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work productively and positively with all internal and external staff and clients
• Capacity to resolve conflicts with residents/staff
• Understanding of principles and practices relating to infection control, workplace harassment, equal employment opportunities, and dealing with indigenous, aged and multicultural clients.
• Effective work with clients with impaired cognition/dementia
• Basic computer skills, use of Excel, Word Suite
• Current open driver’s license and access to a reliable car is essential
• Experience required - New graduates are welcome to apply as are overseas OTs. Private practice skills desirable but not essential as full training provided.
EDUCATIONAL, REGISTRATION AND INDEMNITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy as recognized by AHPRA
• Current registration with AHPRA
• Current and adequate professional indemnity insurance
• Current police check for working with the aged
• Current open driver’s license, ability to drive distances and access to a reliable car are essential.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Regular meetings will be undertaken with the Clinical Supervisor to discuss clients and tasks for the week. We are continuing their development of a professional development calendar that is conducted by experienced OTs and PTs with a number of clinical modules already available to staff.
No Similar Jobs Found.