Full time and Part time Private Physiotherapist Needed in Cairns
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 29-May-2018
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Private practice in Cairns and the Cairns region. All therapists must be prepared to fill in from time to time at other facilities in their region serviced by Us.
The Physiotherapist will provide Physiotherapy services within a private practice in QLD as well as a community care and residential setting.
Private practice PT work will include EPC, DVA, Workcover, NDIS and private clients with a particular focus on our ageing population and staff who work with ageing clients. Particular areas of practice will include musculoskeletal physiotherapy, orthopaedicas, pre and post surgical care, basic hand therapy, disability care, neurological conditions, antenatal/postnatal, aquatic physiotherapy, rehabilitation, injury management and prevention, aged care and some paediatrics.
HOURS and REMUNERATION:
Permanent Full-time position – 38 hrs per week – M-F 8.30am – 4.40pm or permanent part-time. Occasionally Saturday and public holiday work is required.
Remuneration as per employment contract commensurate with experience. As a guide.
New graduates/overseas graduates $70,000 plus super total remuneration $76650
Recent Graduates $79,040 plus super $86548.80
Senior PT $94,898 plus super $103913.31
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A successful applicant must demonstrate an ability to perform or be able to competently and rapidly learn:
• Treating of private practice clients -EPC, Workcover, DVA, Insurance, NDIS, CHSP, Private health and pensioners.
• Treating of community clients and home visits
• Delivery of complex pain management under the ACFI (Aged Care Funding Instrument) program (requires therapeutic massage and/or technical equipment such as electrotherapy).
• Falls reviews and prevention advice
• Staff education on relevant aspects of elderly care such as positioning post-CVA, pressure area prevention, etc.
• Liaising with doctors, other therapy staff, nursing and care staff on aspects of care for clients
• Liaising with hospitals regarding residents who are entering the facility from hospital or returning to the facility following a hospitalization
• Conducting seating, sleeping and seating reviews of wheelchairs in conjunction with our employed Occupational Therapists.
• Clinical note taking
• Three monthly reviews of residential care clients in terms of mobility, pain, and function.
• Group exercise sessions
• Therapeutic exercise prescription
• Contracture management
• Community physiotherapy referrals
• Professional knowledge and experience in residential and community settings
• Assessments of residential care clients including musculoskeletal, pain, mobility, function.
• Initial assessment of clients including pain review, mobility review, balance testing and sensory testing.
• Equipment prescription and review in both residential care and in the community including mobility aids, braces and supports, pressure area prevention/management devices.
• Pressure area prevention and management
• Chest physiotherapy with residents on referral from treating doctor
• Falls reviews and education regarding prevention
• Assisting staff members with manual handling of residents including advice on problem solving and injury prevention
• Application of excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work well within an allied health team as well as autonomously
• Ability to work effectively with clients/residents with impaired cognition/dementia
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work productively and positively with all internal and external staff and clients
• Capacity to resolve conflicts with residents/staff
• Understanding of principles and practices relating to infection control, harassment, equal employment opportunities, and dealing with indigenous, aged and multicultural clients.
• Effective work with clients with impaired cognition/dementia
• Basic computer skills, use of Excel, Word Suite, Google shared drives for documents and emails.
• Assist the Principal Physiotherapist in undertaking research on the effectiveness of chronic pain interventions
• Have a passion for working with the elderly
• Experience required - New graduates are welcome to apply as are overseas PTs for junior roles. For more senior roles minimum 2 years experience. Private practice experience desirable but not essential.
Duties in this position description will be dependent on the level of supervision required by AHPRA for those therapists who have limited registration with supervision requirements.
The role will involve regular private practice training with the principal.
EDUCATIONAL, REGISTRATION AND INDEMNITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Tertiary qualifications in Physiotherapy as recognized by AHPRA
• Current registration with AHPRA
• Current and adequate professional indemnity insurance
• Current police check for working with the aged
• Current open driver’s license, ability to drive distances and access to a reliable car are essential.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Regular meetings will be undertaken with the Clinical Supervisor to discuss clients and tasks for the week. We are continuing their development of a professional development calendar that is conducted by experienced OTs and PTs with a number of clinical modules already available to staff.
No Similar Jobs Found.