General Practitioner - Mt Isa
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 12-Jul-2018
- : Mt Isa & Western QLD QLD
Gidgee Healing is currently seeking a General Practitioner to deliver integrated, comprehensive primary health care services at their Burke St Clinic in Mount Isa.
You will be supported by a team of dedicated clinic staff including Registered Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Medical Receptionists, Practice Managers and visiting Specialists and Allied Health providers; in addition to community and secondary service providers.
- Qualified Medical Practitioner, holding unconditional current registration with AHPRA
- Vocationally Registered , FRACGP or FACRRM highly desirable.
- Eligible for unrestricted Medicare Provider Number
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
Gidgee Healing is a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. Our services include General Practice, maternal and child health, social and preventative health, health promotion and education, allied health and specialist services.
Gidgee Healing is also the lead agency for headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. The organisation strives to provide high quality health and wellbeing services in a culturally welcoming environment, to enhance the accessibility and uptake of health services by our clients and support the early identification and management of illness and chronic diseases.
The North West offers a relaxed and casual lifestyle, with a wealth of camping and exploring, scenic national parks, gorges, as well as pristine river, lake and open water fishing and recreation.
Following successful placement the eligible General Practitioner may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives such as listed below;
- Provide grants to encourage and support medical practitioners to relocate to rural Queensland.
- Eligible rural General Practitioners may apply for a scholarship or bursary to undertake further study and up-skilling courses.
- Eligible General Practitioners will be assisted to achieve Fellowship through support packages for exams and study courses.
- Access to accredited continuing professional development workshops tailored to the needs of rural health professionals.
- A strong support network for your family through the Queensland Rural Medical Family Network.
No Similar Jobs Found.