General Practitioner - St George
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 29-Aug-2018
- : St George QLD 4487
General Practitioner Vacancy - St George
Seeking a GP with AHPRA registration to work full-time or part-time by working a roster from 1-2 weeks per month.
This position is RVTS endorsed as a location for RVTS targeted recruitment in 2019.
Working hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm and a one in three Saturday session. GP's also attract the rural incentive for rural service of up to $25K/ year if the criteria is met.
St George is a fantastic place to live with a strong family and community atmosphere. Five of the nine doctors are ten year plus residents and have no intentions of leaving, this speaks for itself. The St George hospital has only had five medical superintendents over the last 80 years and the Medical Centre is in its 100th year of operation this decade. This demonstrates the strong tradition and respect of medicine in this rural setting.
- Rural GP practice with nine doctors rotating through the practice. Four FTE doctors at the practice
- Two FTE nursing staff (including mental health and chronic disease nurse)
- Three FTE administration staff
- Strong relationship with local hospital
- Primary health provided for the 36-bed nursing home
- The practice offers an on call service to its patients on a roster basis amongst its doctors.
- Onsite Allied Health and Pathology services - Sullivan Nicholaides Pathology, Adult mental health OT, Physiotherapy, podiatry, optometry, massage therapy, ultrasound
- Other visiting Specialist to the practice - Ophthalmologist
- Other visiting specialist to St George - FOG, Paediatrician, General Surgeon, internal medicine, Heart of Australia truck, private and public dentists.
- Good referral processes and pathways in place with specialist both here and away. Video and tele health consult infrastructure.
- State of the art IT infrastructure and software.
- Four Fellowed GP's to support education and supervision
- The practice supports a very strong team / family environment and the successful applicant must be willing to embrace this.
- Public and private p-six primary schools
- Public high school
- Strong agricultural influence with little to no mining activity.
- Sporting Clubs - Tennis, rugby league, rugby union, netball, cricket, squash, clay shooting, pistol and long arms, bowls, triathlon and dragon boats.
- Other sports - water skiing, wake boarding and tubing in the Balonne River, shooting, soccer, rowing, general exercise on stations placed along the river walk by the local council.
- All the major denomination churches
- Three pubs
- Very tidy and pretty rural town with a great community atmosphere.
- Two flights a week from and to Brisbane.
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
If you wish to apply for this position please click apply now.
No Similar Jobs Found.