- : HealthcareLink Employer
- : 16-May-2019
- : Brighton TAS 7030
Position Title: General Practitioner
Reports To: Dr Annette Douglas
Location : The employer, 1 Bedford Street, Brighton Tasmania 7030
Hours of Work. 8.00am to 6.00pm
Hours of work will be rostered between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm in 8 hour shifts. The Principal will be required to work at least 5 days per week which may include Saturday and Sunday sharing any After-Hours Roster
Period of employment: Period of employment will be for 4 years with an option to renew another 4 year contract.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
The successful applicant will be required to manage all aspects of patient care at the The employer. This encompasses a range of ages and medical conditions for existing and new patients at the surgery. This is a private medical practice and the General Practitioner will be required to conduct themself in a manner that reflects our existing high standard of care.
The incumbent must be able to work in a team environment. The practice has competent nursing and support staff who work alongside the general practitioners to provide the best possible care for our patients
There are essential and desirable criteria for this position. An applicant must be able to satisfy all essential criteria:
- Eligible for Temporary or permanent residency in Australia.
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA.
- Evidence of competency in spoken and written English language, applicable to Australian Medical Practice.
- Experience as a GP within the last five years.
- Evidence of competency in critical care skills relevant to Australian rural general practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi disciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated participation in and commitment to quality assurance activities related to General Practice.
- Previous paid appointment as a Medical Practitioner to an Australian Health service.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or other.
- Other post graduate qualifications related to general practice.
All general practitioners at the The employer must have a sound knowledge of a broad range of topics such as but not limited to the following
- Chronic medical conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Past experience with antenatal routine care
- Minor acute illnesses
- Routine vaccinations
- Women’s Health
- Palliative care
- Common skin conditions
The incumbent is required to competently perform the following technical procedures:
- Minor surgery for skin cancers
- Manage uncomplicated wound by suturing
- Manage simple fractures by plaster
- Usage of liquid nitrogen for superficial skin lesions
The incumbent must demonstrate that they are capable of managing common acute emergencies that present to general practice i.e., anaphylaxis, asthma, chest pain, sick child, the unconscious patient, common arrhythmias and pneumonia.
As required by AHPRA also an Internal Orientation programme.
Orientation must be completed within 1 week of starting date if applicable as part of conditional registration
4. Research and Teaching
The practice has not undertaken research in the past.
The Practice takes medical students and the encumbent will be required to be part of the teaching team when students are present.
5. Other responsibilities
In addition to the core competency standards, the incumbent is expected to comply with relevant legislative, policy/protocol requirements as they relate to:
- Supervision requirements of AHPRA and any other conditions of registration
- The Brighton Family Medical Centre occupational health and safety manual
- Participate in the on call roster
- Must participate in minimum monthly continuing medical education updates
- All practice meetings as required
- Must participate in the maintenance of the standards that are required of our accreditation program via AGPAL
- And all other conditions as specified in the contract –see attached
Usual network tertiary referral hospital: Royal Hobart Hospital
Time it would normally take to transfer a patient to the usual referral hospital: 30 minutes
Nature of transport: Car
The incumbent requires a Medicare Provider Number that enables patients to obtain Medicare rebates.
The incumbent is required to take part in an after-hours roster. (To be negotiated with individual GPs)
Level of responsibility: approximately 1 week in 13 with triaging provided by “GP Assist” and with phone support from supervisor if required.
KEY INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent will be required to deal with community and Allied Health providers, Hobart Pathology radiology, solicitors, Insurance companies, Motor Accident Insurance Board, Workplace Standards, rehabilitation services, specialists and medical services within Tasmania.
SUPERVISION ARRANGEMENTS OF THE GENERAL PRACTITIONER
During normal hours, the incumbent shall be supervised (applicable if on conditional registration)
Immediate, with a colleague present at all times accepts due to unforseen circumstances
After-hours, the incumbent shall be supervised: by Telephone if applicable if on conditional registration.
- The doctor will be faced with the challenge of building his/her practice and establishing a working relationship with patients and staff.
- The variety of the medicine the doctor is required to practice.
- The On-Call responsibility means that the doctor may be called out of the practice and their home for an emergency – On Call is negotiated with each individual General Practitioner.
The incumbent is required to independently make decisions about:
- Day to day consultations involving routine general practice situations. Eg immunisations, coughs and colds, common medical and surgical conditions and paediatric complaints. The doctor will need to make immediate decisions in an emergency when they are the first on-call.
Such decisions should be made in accordance with:.
- Guidelines such as the Immunisation Handbook are available in the practice and the doctor will be advised where to seek supporting staff. The Brighton Family Medical Centre employs Nursing staff to assist the doctor and be available for this sort of help and support.
The incumbent is free to consult with other practitioners in the practice prior to making decisions about:
- Consultations or Emergency conditions in which the diagnosis or a management is not clear to the doctor or requires specialist input. Such things may include situations requiring stabilisation and transfer / retrieval of seriously ill patients, children with conditions that could deteriorate eg meningococcal disease, high specialised areas such as management of a patient receiving chemotherapy through a specialty service when they present with complications.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- participating in ongoing review of his/her clinical practice as per conditional registration guidelines if applicable;
- participating in continuing medical education and professional development as covered by the supervision arrangements stipulated by the relevant medical board; and
- Maintaining his//her professional competence for general practice.
The General Practitioner / IMG appointed to the position agree to work in accordance with the requirements of the position and comply with policies and procedures of the Area Health Service/General Practice.
- VR General Practitioners Wanted for Private Billin...
- Posted By: Lilydale Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-05-23
- Location:Lilydale VIC 3140
- Very busy practice within a major health hub Great support and great remuneration
- General Practitioner - VR/non VR GP's - Relocate t...
- Posted By: Health Hub Doctors Morayfield
- Posted Date: 2019-05-23
- Location:Morayfield QLD 4506
- - High quality, integrated & collaborative patient-centred care - Guaranteed hourly rate offered - Relocation assistance provided
- New vacancy for a FT/PT female GP who has experien...
- Posted By: Murrumbateman Health Hub Pty Ltd
- Posted Date: 2019-05-22
- Location:Canberra ACT 2600
- One of our well-established senior GPs with a full patient base will be leaving the area, the suitab...
- VR GP needed - Busy Practice South-East of Brisban...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Support
- Posted Date: 2019-05-22
- Location:All Brisbane QLD
- Flexibility, supportive and friendly environment, excellent location