GP Locum Doctors in Secondary Schools: Western Victoria
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 10-Aug-2018
- : Horsham VIC 3400
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of rural and regional adolescents
- Weekly 4-hour session. No on-call requirements, weekend or after hours work
- Guaranteed income
- Paid travel time and travel allowance
- Paid RACGP-accredited training provided by the University of Melbourne in adolescent health and youth-friendly care
Dates: As soon as possible for 3- 6 months duration, with the option to extend if required.
Hours: Weekly 4-hour session to be negotiated. No on-call requirements, weekend or after hours work.
Fees: $750 for 4 hours. $150 per hour paid return travel time from base clinic to the school. ATO travel allowance at $0.68 per km plus petrol to use own car, or be provided with a rental car if providing a service to three or more schools. Accommodation costs and meals allowance covered for the nights between consecutive days at schools if providing a service to more than one school.
Role: The Department of Education and Training, in conjunction with its partner Western Victoria PHN, is seeking Vocationally Registered GP locums to attend the following schools, for a four-hour session once a week during school terms:
- Horsham College
- Casterton Secondary College
- Lavers Hill P-12
- Heywood District College.
GP Locums to provide a service to the above schools, delivering primary care in a fully equipped clinic onsite at the school. The Locum will be engaged by the local general practice or community health service, where the patient records will be held,. Supported by practice nurse and telephone support from experts in adolescent health.Practice Details:
The Doctors in Secondary Schools (DiSS) program is a Victorian Government program led by the Department of Education and Training, where GPs are funded to attend clinics established onsite at 100 government secondary schools.
No Similar Jobs Found.