Locum General Practitioner St George
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 13-Sep-2018
- : St George QLD 4487
Locum Vacancy Dates -Ongoing
Location St George
- Public and private P-6 primary schools
- Public High school
- Strong agricultural influence with little to no mining activity.
- Sporting Clubs - Tennis, rugby league, rugby union, netball, cricket, squash, clay shooting, pistol and long arms, bowls, triathlon and dragon boats.
- Other sports - water skiing, wake boarding and tubing in the Balonne River, shooting, soccer, rowing, general exercise on stations placed along the river walk by the local council.
- All the major denomination churches
- 3 pubs
- Very tidy and pretty rural town with a great community atmosphere.
- 2 flights a week from and to Brisbane
St George is a fantastic place to live with a strong family and community atmosphere. 5 of the 9 doctors are 10 year plus residents and have no intentions of leaving. This speaks for itself! The St George hospital has only had 5 medical superintendents over the last 80 Years and the St George Medical Centre is in its 100th year of operation this decade. This demonstrates the strong tradition and respect of medicine in this rural setting.
- Privately owned
- Mixed billing practice
- Rural GP practice with 9 doctors rotating through the practice. 4FTE doctors at the practice
- 2.5 FTE nursing staff (including mental health and chronic disease nurse)
- 3 FTE administration staff
- 0.6 FTE aboriginal health coordinator
- Strong relationship with local hospital
- Primary health provided for the 36-bed nursing home
- Onsite Allied Health and Pathology services - Sullivan Nicholaides Pathology, Adult mental health OT, AOD counsellor, physiotherapy, podiatry, optometrist, massage therapist, ultrasound, dietician, diabetic educator, exercise physiologist, occupational therapist, speech therapist. (services range from fulltime to 1 day a fortnight, depending on demand)
- Other visiting Specialist to the practice - Ophthalmologist, endocrinologist, general physician.
- Other visiting specialist to St George - FOG, Paediatrician, General Surgeon, internal medicine, Heart of Australia truck, private and public dentists.
- Good referral processes and pathways in place with specialist both here and away. Video and tele health consult infrastructure.
- State of the art IT infrastructure and software.
After Hours requirements:
The practice offers an on call service to its patients on a roster basis amongst its doctors.
Full AHPRA registration
The practice supports a very strong team / family environment and the successful applicant must be willing to embrace this.
For further information regarding this locum vacancy please click on the link below
No Similar Jobs Found.