Medical Centre Receptionist
- : Local Doctors
- : 04-Jul-2018
- : Ermington NSW 2115
Local Doctors is a busy and modern medical practice in the heart of Ermington. Our medical centre caters for the general practice and allied health needs of the local community. We are located inside the bustling Ermington Shopping Centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic medical receptionist who can appreciate a fast-paced work environment.
Ideal candidate attributes:
- professional and polite
- passionate about providing a high standard of customer service
- strong work ethic and diligent
- organised and tidy
- have strong interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with doctors and other staff members
- work well under pressure in a busy environment
- values the significance of privacy and confidentiality at all times
- reliable and honest
The main tasks required in this role are to greet patients and visitors, be responsible for scheduling appointments, making and entering patient records, corresponding to phone, fax, emails, keeping inventory and maintaining the waiting area.
- flexible working hours including evenings
- a minimum of 1-year work experience as a medical receptionist is highly regarded
- knowledge of the Australian health care system
- proficient computer skills (MS Office & Best Practice preferable)
- professional telephone etiquette
- exceptional customer service skills
- time-management skills
- work prioritisation skills
- strong initiatives
- ability to multi-task
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- high standard of presentation
- attention to details
At least a high school diploma is needed for this position. Past work experiences related to this position is highly considered.
Maintaining patient medical records private as mandated by policy and law is of the highest priority. The right candidate will satisfactorily:
- provide exceptional standard of care to our patients
- organise appointments
- process payments/billings/invoices
- maintain the work station and the waiting area
- correspond to all enquiries via phone, fax, emails and post mails
- perform all administrative tasks
Our friendly practice team will provide the right candidate with ongoing training and support. The wages are in accordance with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award, plus superannuation.
If you are confident that you are well suited for this role, please submit your CV with a minimum of 2 references.
No Similar Jobs Found.