- : Family Planning Victoria
- : 28-Mar-2018
- : Box Hill VIC 3128
- Maximum term contract (until February 2019)
- Part Time (34 hours/week)
- Potential job share
- CBD location
- Supportive and collegial working environment
- Attractive remuneration package including salary packaging
Family Planning Victoria is a leading, not for profit, state-wide provider of reproductive and sexual health care, education and advocacy. Governed by a voluntary board of directors, we have been providing comprehensive reproductive and sexual health services in Victoria for over 40 years.
We provide a range of services which are accessible, culturally relevant and responsive to the needs of the diverse Victorian community. These services include clinical care as well as education and training to help build the capacity of educators and health care professionals working in the reproductive and sexual health sector.
We are seeking a highly motivated and professional Medical Officer to support our clinical services at FPV’s Melbourne CBD located clinic – the Action Centre.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- - Reproductive and sexual health clinical service delivery to include implant insertion/removal, medication abortion services and intrauterine device insertion (IUD) (candidates who are not trained IUD inserters will be considered with an expectation of working towards competency in this procedure)
- - Supervising, assisting and supporting clinical trainee undertaking the FPAA National Certificate in Reproductive & Sexual Health for Doctors to achieve required competencies (this does not include IUD insertion)
- - Providing advice and support to Family Planning Victoria Reproductive and Sexual Health Nurses in their clinical practice
- - Training nurses and midwives in Implanon insertion and removal
- - Providing secondary consultation advice to external practitioners as needed
- - Participation in organisational processes including quality improvement activities, accreditation processes, clinical audit, staff meetings, staff development and service planning initiatives
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria:
- - Registration as Medical Practitioner with AHPRA
- - MBBS or equivalent
- - FPAA National Certificate in Reproductive & Sexual Health for Doctors (or equivalent)
- - Experience in General Practice or in a reproductive and sexual health clinical setting
- - Access to Medicare Benefit Schedule as a Vocationally Registered practitioner (as a minimum)
- - Experience providing reproductive and sexual health services to young people
- - Ability to provide effective clinical supervision to other health professionals
- - Sensitivity to and appreciation of the needs of a gender and sexually diverse community
- - Ability to work independently and also collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- - Experience in the use of medical software such as Best Practice or Medical Director, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- - Valid Working with Children Check
The incumbent will also be required to undertake and complete a Satisfactory National Police Check.
To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications without addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered.
To view the key selection criteria, please download the position description on http://www.fpv.org.au/careers/career-opportunities
Enquiries regarding the role can be directed to Simon Powell, General Manager Clinical Services on 03 9257 0161.
Applications close Monday, 2nd April 2018
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note, applications from agencies will not be considered.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
No Similar Jobs Found.