- : Heart GP
- : 01-Aug-2018
- : Eastgardens NSW 2036
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing administrative support to the health care team to facilitate total patient health care management.
The Medical Receptionist is the frontline contact to the clinic.
The Medical Receptionist is required to represent the Clinic in a professional manner at all times.
The Medical Receptionist must adhere to all relevant Clinic policies.
The Medical Receptionist is required to preserve patient confidentiality at all times.
The Medical Receptionist is required to actively participate in the achievement of the Clinic Objectives.
KEY MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST DUTIES INCLUDE
- Providing administrative support to all members of the health care team, including medical practitioners, allied health professionals, and management
- Managing the appointment schedule
- Responding appropriately to patient telephone enquiries
- Responding appropriately to patient presentations in the Clinic
- Billing patients at the conclusion of medical consultations and diagnostic procedures
- Ensuring all correspondence is forwarded to practitioners / management for viewing and / or action
- Ensuring all medical records are up to date and stored securely
KEY SELECTION CRITERA
- Computer literate/possibly practice software experience
- Experience in data input, maintaining data bases and filing systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of customer service and demonstrated communication skills in relation to patients/patients
- Ability to be self-directing and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload appropriately
- Ability to follow Clinic policies and procedures
- Ability to follow changes in Clinic policies and procedures
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Quality Improvement focused
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the needs of a wide variety of people who seek medical treatment
HIGHLY DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- Basic medical terminology
- Flexible approach to working arrangements and changing conditions
- Ability to embrace new initiatives
- Knowledge of the Department of Human Services, Medicare and private billing arrangements
- Interest in own professional development
No Similar Jobs Found.