Mental Health Counsellor (Psychologist, Social Worker, OT)
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 09-Aug-2018
- : Swan Hill VIC 3585
- Full time, fixed term until June 2020
- Salary as per EBA $69,773 – 90,766 per annum.
- Salary sacrifice available
- Clinical Supervision provided
- Relocation grant provided by RWAV for eligible candidates
Headspace Swan Hill seek a Mental Health Clinician/Counsellor to join their dynamic multidisciplinary team. The purpose of this position is to ensure that young people have pathways to access to a range of services relevant to their health, housing, social and developmental needs. You will be responsible for providing early psychological interventions to young people aged between 12-25 years. This position will suit a provisional -psychologist, social worker or occupational therapist with a keen interest in youth mental health.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake headspace psychosocial assessments and make recommendations for future support
- Provide short-term evidence-based psychological interventions to young people with mild to moderate mental health issues in partnership with identified family, friends and workers
- Develop, review and close Shared Support Plans in partnership with young people and their families
- Assess, monitor, and manage clinical risk in consultation with the headspace Senior Clinician/headspace Manager
- Deliver individual, group and family therapies
- Collaborate with the headspace team, partner organisations and stakeholders to provide the best possible outcomes for young people including care coordination services
- Work as part of the headspace team to represent and promote headspace at community awareness and youth engagement events
- Deliver presentations to youth or community groups utilising headspace generic presentations
- Bachelor qualification and registration in mental health discipline including; psychology, social work, occupational therapy, or similar.
- Experience working with young people aged 12-25 within the primary mental health sector
- Demonstrated practice using focussed psychological strategies desirable
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a broad range of people
- Teamwork - Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Collaborates and shares information, showing consideration, concern, and respect for others. Accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others and encourages resolution of conflict within the group.
- Customer Focus - Listens to people and actively seeks to meet their needs. Seeks ways to improve services. Committed to delivering high quality outcomes for young people, their family and friends.
- Interpersonal Skills - Detects the underlying concerns, interests or emotions that influence what is said or being done. Presents as genuine and sincere when dealing with others. Projects an objective view of another’s position and gets the best outcomes for individuals and organisations.
- Service Excellence - Uses an understanding of the young person or stakeholder’s context to tailor services and ensure a high quality response. Looks beyond the obvious to provide outstanding levels of service.
- Problem Solving - Seeks all relevant information for problem solving. Analyses issues from different perspectives and drawing sound inferences from the available information. Identifies, proposes, and implements workable solutions to problems.
- Verbal Communication - Clearly understand the target audience and the purposes of communication. Uses feedback to refine communication and ensure it is understood. Handles difficult and sensitive communications.
- Computer Skills – Understands the purpose of, and is able to use, common software applications for work processing and email.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License, police check and Working with Children’s Check
Headspace Swan Hill is a part of the National Youth Mental Health Foundation and provides a confidential and free service where young people between the ages of 12 and 15 can access a range of youth orientated health services and support. HSH provide a safe place for young people to access services across four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support, and alcohol & drug services.
No Similar Jobs Found.