Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Clinician - Dareton NSW
- : NSW RURAL DOCTORS NETWORK
- : 28-Jun-2017
- : Dareton NSW 2717
Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Clinican - Community - Dareton NSW
The position of Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Clinician- Community www.farwesthealthjobs.com.au offers an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and progressive team. The position functions as a mobile entity within a community environment.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, and in conjunction with visiting specialists and service partners, it is responsible for the provision of services to people with mental health and / or drug and alcohol issues, their family and carers.
Duties Include: Undertaking comprehensive mental state examination, drug and alcohol, and risk assessments (crisis assessment). Formulating treatment/support plans in collaboration with consumers, carers or significant others within a multidisciplinary team. Working in partnership with internal external stakeholders in the provision of care coordinated services, counselling, care planning and transition between services. Provision of brief intervention and targeted support for identified clients. Ensuring the delivery of care is underpinned through early intervention and recovery focused framework. Some participation in outreach clinics may be a component of this position. Under take duties as otherwise directed by line manager.
Duties also include participation in on-going data collection and quality, service, workplace and community development activities. The clinician will assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of mental health and drug and alcohol programs. Some intraregional travel is a component of this position. It is also expected that the position will act as preceptor/ supervisor to students and Aboriginal Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Trainees on placement with the service. The clinician will participate in regular clinical supervision.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in a health or welfare related field such as Health Sciences, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work and eligible for Registration/ Professional Association (where appropriate)
- Demonstrated ability to undertake comprehensive mental state drug and alcohol examination and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply a range of case management and/or care coordination frameworks and approaches relevant to Mental Health and/ or drug and alcohol issues.
- Previous experience working with people with mental illness/ disorder issues and/or drug and alcohol issues.
- Demonstrated effective communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the NSW Mental Health Act 2007 and the NSW Involuntary Drug and Alcohol Act (2007) and related legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the defined standards of ethical and professional conduct consistent with the current NSW Health Code of Conduct and/or relevant professional standards where applicable. Current licence to drive in NSW.
No Similar Jobs Found.