- : Family Planning Victoria
- : 21-Jul-2018
- : Box Hill VIC 3128
- Permanent contract
- Part Time 26.3 hours/week (can be worked across 5 days)
- Located in Box Hill and CBD
- Attractive remuneration package including salary packaging
Are you an experienced sexual and reproductive health nurse? Are you an innovator with strong people skills? Can you demonstrate teaching/education experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health? Do you love to share your skills and knowledge in a learning environment? If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then Family Planning Victoria has a great opportunity for you.
Family Planning Victoria is a leading, not for profit, state-wide provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education and advocacy. Governed by a voluntary board of directors, we have been providing comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services in Victoria for over 40 years.
We provide a range of services which are accessible, culturally relevant and responsive to the needs of the diverse Victorian community. These services include clinical care as well as education and training to help build the capacity of educators and health care professionals working in the sexual and reproductive health sector.
About the role
The Nurse Educator develops, delivers and evaluates education and training to health professionals, youth and community workers and community members. The role will also include a proportion of clinical service provision to be negotiated with the Manager Clinical Education Unit.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 qualification
- Family Planning Victoria Certificate of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FPV course) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in an advanced nursing practice role in a RSH clinical environment
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical training and supervision to a variety of health professionals in RSH
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Project co-ordination and delivery skills
- Advanced group work and/or education/training experience
- Demonstrated ability to design, deliver and evaluate accredited training in sexual and reproductive health
- Demonstrated ability to instruct nurses in theory and practice work to achieve preceptorship.
- Current driver’s licence
- Valid Working with Children check\
- Current cervial screening provider (desirable)
- HIV & Viral Hepatitis: pre-and post-test discussion training (desirable)
The incumbent will also be required to undertake and complete a Satisfactory National Police Check.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications without addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered.
To view the key selection criteria, please download the position description on http://www.fpv.org.au/careers/career-opportunities
Applications close Tuesday, 31st July 2018
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note, applications from agencies will not be considered.
No Similar Jobs Found.