Occupational Therapist – Orbost
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 26-Jun-2018
- : Orbost VIC 3888
- Full Time Position – 40 hours a week
- 1 x ADO per month
- Access to Salary packaging
- Relocation grant available through RWAV for eligible candidates
- CPD grant available through RWAV
- Intra-state travel for training or supervision may be available
Great opportunity for an experienced occupational therapist who enjoys working across both acute and community settings and is seeking a varied caseload. This is a full time position working alongside 2 other OT’s and a multi- disciplinary team including allied health assistants. You will be providing OT services to the community and promoting education and support for prevention of illness and development of a healthy community. Working with Paediatric early intervention and with adults.
- Participating in the treatment and discharge planning for acute patients;
- Delivery of paediatric Occupational Therapy service within the Early Childhood intervention multidisciplinary team.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating specific group and individual occupational therapy programs in consultation with multi-disciplinary team members, and to contribute to assessments, care planning and reviews;
- To develop, facilitate and assist with the operation of health promotion, rehabilitation, support and well-being programs;
- To assess and respond to the need for clinical, educational and support outreach services in occupational therapy;
- As part of the community services team, participate in the ongoing evaluation and review of occupational therapy services and resources, including the identification of occupational therapy service needs, forward planning and service development;
- Work with the Allied Health Assistants to best meet the needs of all Allied Health clinicians
- Relevant qualifications and experience in Occupational Therapy;
- AHPRA registration
- Experience with contemporary therapy theory and practice for both paediatric and adults
- Competence in care planning and review, clinical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability within a multi- disciplinary team;
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Satisfactory criminal history check (National Police Check) and Working with Children Check;
Orbost Regional Health (ORH) provides acute, urgent care, medical, surgical and specialist services. Boasting a staggering array of community health, welfare and aged care services, Orbost Regional Health strives to meet the community needs utilising a flexible funding model.
ORH provides acute, emergency, medical, surgical and obstetric services, and is a leader in the provision of small town rural birthing services in Victoria. ORH services a vast area of 1 million square hectares with many outreach services meeting the differing needs of remote rural clients and the immediate community. Allied health practitioners and visiting specialists ensure an excellent level of care for the population of Orbost and surrounding smaller rural communities.
Service delivery is enhanced through partnership arrangements that enable a service delivery system to an area covering one million hectares across Far East Gippsland. ORH has an innovative multi-purpose service with the capacity to embrace a holistic approach to health and well-being. Providing not only acute and aged care facilities, but many other services to maintain the physical and mental well-being of the community.
Through regular community consultation they provide the services the community deems most important including Dental, Youth and Women’s Health.
Orbost in far eastern Victoria has become an important service centre for what has developed into a major cattle and agricultural district. Tourism has become an important industry as Orbost is close to many national parks, including the Snowy River National Park, Alpine National Park, Errinundra National Park, Croajingolong National Park and Cape Conran Coastal Park.
It is 14 km from the mouth of the Snowy River where it runs into Bass Strait near the small coastal community of Marlo, a popular holiday and fishing destination . Blessed with a milder climate than Melbourne with fishing, boating, swimming, surfing and walking along the stunning coastline with rocky shores, sheltered bays, endless golden beaches and a rugged beauty.
A friendly community , affordable housing set in a stunning part of Gippsland with the larger regional town of Bairnsdale only one hour away.
This extensive and diverse geographical area is renowned for its natural beauty where you can enjoy spectacular coastline, picturesque rivers and lakes, forests and snowfields.
The region stretches from Melbourne’s eastern outskirts to Victoria’s far east. Drive the Great Alpine Way to the Ninety Mile Beach, the vast Gippsland Lakes, and relaxed coastal towns.
Bushwalk, camp, kayak, snorkel and fish along the unspoilt beaches of Croajingolong National Park and Wilsons Promontory, then discover Aboriginal history and gourmet delights.
- Population 255,718
- Strzelecki Ranges
- Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Major towns: Bairnsdale, Inverloch, Wonthaggi, Yarram
No Similar Jobs Found.