Occupational Therapist - Coffs Harbour
- : NSW RURAL DOCTORS NETWORK
- : 31-May-2018
- : Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Occupational Therapist – Community, Aged and NDIS
Location: Coffs Harbour
- Mixed case load of Aged Care, Community and NDIS
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of allied health professionals
- Fast growing company with opportunity for career progression
We are a team of 40+ allied health professionals including Physio's, OTs, Podiatrists, Dietitians, Speech Pathologists and Exercise Physiologists who lives our values of Respect Everyone, Take Responsibility, Contribute to a Team and Solve the Problem every day.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist who is ready to utilise their skills in the NDIS, residential aged care and community aged care space, based in Coffs Harbour. This is an opportunity to make the role your own and this right individual will be one who is ready to understand the schemes, create valuable relationships, and help our clients achieve great results.
Additionally, we are looking to expand our already established services streams. You will provide outstanding clinical assessment, treatment and customer service to clients in Coffs Harbour as well as support with regular hours (2+ days per week) at residential aged care facilities in the area when coverage is required.
You will collaborate with other practitioners to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to helping clients achieve their health & wellbeing goals.
Roles and responsibilities:
Servicing Coffs Harbour and surrounding areas, you will be required to:
- NDIS & Disability assessments, service agreements, intervention and treatments
- Home assessments and modifications
- Deliver community aged care services as required
- Deliver residential aged care services as required
- Guide and Mentor other staff through the NDIS
- Develop treatment plans and set goals
- Help co-ordinate referrals to other Optimum allied health professionals
- Establish excellent relationships with your client base through the provision of excellent care and customer service
- Establish excellent relationships with other medical practitioners and foster existing relationships and contracts
- Communicate with a greater team of allied health professionals and medical practitioners to coordinate effective courses of treatment
- Help create the operational structures required to operate under the NDIS
- Involvement in business development plan
- Perform business develop activities
- Involvement in marketing & communication
- Functional needs and capacity assessments
What we can offer:
- Full time position with all benefits including superannuation, 4 weeks annual leave and a generous base salary
- One on one business planning support provided management
- Annual professional development allowance
- Tertiary qualification as an Occupational Therapist
- Registration with AHPRA
- Valid Police Check (within last 3 years), or ability to obtain prior to commencing
- Experience in community OT (particularly home modifications) and paediatric OT – Preferred but not essential
No Similar Jobs Found.