Occupational Therapist - Mount Isa
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 26-Mar-2018
- : Mount Isa QLD 4825
Occupational Therapist - Mount Isa
Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist or recent graduate looking for a diverse and challenging opportunity?
Are you excited by the idea of living and working in rural communities and making a real difference?
Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied health, working in Western Queensland!
Multiple opportunities - attractive remuneration and great benefits!
About this organisation
Leaders in the delivery of community based allied health, aged care, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993,they harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
A primary health care provider, they are a stand out in service delivery through:
- Community Focus
- Local Approach
- Extensive Experience
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and stands to be a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
They now have fantastic opportunities for an Occupational Therapists to join their professional teams, based in Mount Isa, Queensland.
As an Occupational Therapist, your main aim will be to provide assessment to people across the lifespan who are experiencing functional limitations, and provide therapy to enable people to perform their occupational goals by:
- Assessing clients' emotional, cognitive, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardised tests relevant to the clients' occupational roles and environments;
- Facilitating goal setting with the client, assessing and providing recommendations to increase functional ability and capacity building for independence;
- Planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis;
- Advocating on behalf of the client and providing evidence based recommendations to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients' home, leisure, work and school environments to increase participation;
- Prescribing Assistive Technology to enable clients to participate in their goals of Activities of Daily Living;
- Liaising, collaborating and referring clients to appropriate community support agencies;
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues; and
- Delivering health services, where safe and practicable, via telehealth delivery mode (eg. Videoconferencing).
To be considered, you must hold an Occupational Therapy degree, be registered as a practicing Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), and be eligible for membership with Occupational Therapy Australia. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
The ability to provide high quality discipline specific assessment, prevention, treatment and intervention to achieve maximal outcomes for a broad range of clients and conditions will also be essential.
It is essential you possess high level communication skills, along with an awareness of local health issues and the ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Demonstrated knowledge, or the motivation and ability to gain knowledge, of Primary Health Care principles and issues in rural and remote communities will be highly regarded.
In addition, competency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (or the ability to quickly learn) will be required.
Please Note: You must be willing to travel by road and/or in small planes to communities within the place catchment area on a regular basis. A 'C' Class Driver's License is also a requirement of this position.
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
If successful, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $77,558 - $95,015 commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- Rental Subsidy;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation assistance, including initial provision of paid accommodation while you look for something more permanent
No Similar Jobs Found.