- : MULTICULTURAL CARE
- : 21-Sep-2017
- : Campsie NSW 2194
The Occupational Therapist (OT) will work primarily with older people living in Sydney’s Inner West, South East and South West Regions who receive services through MC’s Commonwealth Home Support Program and packaged care.
The purpose of the role is to assist clients to remain living at home safely, and as independently as possible. The OT will conduct assessments and deliver occupational therapy services in the clients’ homes, with a focus on assisting clients to restore and/or maintain their functioning and wellbeing.
At all times, MC staff are expected to work in-line with the funding bodies' requirements, relevant government guidelines, legislation, WHS requirements, and MC’s philosophy, mission, policies and procedures.
- Manager, Client services
- CHSP Program Manager
- Case Managers - HCPs
- Bilingual support staff
Skills, Experience and Competencies
· A recognized Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
· Registration as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
· Demonstrated experience in similar role for at least two years
· Ability to assess client’s needs, set independence-focussed goals, and develop treatment plans to meet agreed goals
· A genuine commitment to providing high quality, person-centred care, and to the values and philosophies of Multicultural Care
· Understanding of the needs and issues of older people from CALD backgrounds and their carers
· Effective communication and customer service skills
· Organisational, time management, and problem-solving skills
· Good administrative and computer skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Access to own vehicle
· Current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain
· Ability to speak second language
· Familiarity with Commonwealth Home Support and Packaged Care Programs
Essential Compliance Requirements
· Satisfactory National Police Certificate (on commencement of employment) and during ongoing employment - updated NPC required every three years
· Current motor vehicle driver’s licence and safe driving record
No Similar Jobs Found.