Paediatric Occupational Therapist - 3 days per week
- : HCA Allied Health
- : 07-Jul-2017
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
Permanent part time role located driving distance from Melbourne's Northern suburbs. 3 days per week. Paediatric focus. Register today for info!
- Grade 2 role - paediatric experience required
- Permanent, part time role, ASAP start date
- Located 1 hour north of Melbourne - an easy drive from the Northern suburbs
Paediatric Occupational Therapist required for part time, permanent role located North of Melbourne. The Occupational Therapist will fulfil a diverse and flexible role in the provision of occupational therapy services to paediatric clients and key worker services to Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) clients. Experience in working with children with disabilities and developmental delay is essential.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- On the basis of a comprehensive OT assessment, work with client and their carers to create, implement and review a holistic care plan; develop strategies for paediatric clients to optimize their functional capacity and be creative and flexible with approach and strategies for paediatric clients.
- Perform the key worker role within the ECIS program, including providing primary consultations for referred ECIS clients and work with nexus to transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Knowledge and experience in working with children with disabilities and development delay.
- Planning assessment and intervention goals which are based on the most current evidence-based research.
- Conducting group therapy programs for suitable clients and families.
- Liaise with other professionals within and outside the organisation in order to achieve the best management possible for clients.
- Liaise with referrers to ensure they are informed of client progress and outcomes.
- Work within a multidisciplinary approach, including participating in case conferencing and multidisciplinary care planning where appropriate.
This role is vacant now. You must have GENERAL registration with AHPRA and eligibility to work in Australia.
No Similar Jobs Found.