Paediatric Occupational Therapist - 4 days per week - 6 month contract or perm
- : HCA Allied Health
- : 19-Jun-2017
- : Sydney NSW 2000
Paediatric OT - 1st July start date, established clinic, flexible working, upto $75 per hour, clinic and community setting. Great location!
- New role with established clinic in Northern Sydney
- 1st July start date for 6 months or permanent opportunity
- Flexible working, work from home, go to the gym - your choice!
Experienced Paediatric Occupational Therapist required for new role in Sydney's northern suburbs. You'll join another Occupational Therapist and other allied health professionals to provide paediatric occupational therapy service across a clinic and community setting.
The clinic provides intervention for children of all ages, from infants through to high school. These children may have specific disorders such as learning difficulties, developmental delay, intellectual impairment, dyspraxia, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, ADD/ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorders - or they may be children without a specific diagnosis but are having difficulty with the expectations of home, preschool or school.
80% of the services are provided in clinic, with some school visits when required. The clinic treats children from 18 months - 18 years, with the majority of the caseload aged between 3-8 years old.
Clinic opening hours are from 07:45 - 17:30 Monday to Friday. The clinic offers flexible working. You can work from home when you are not seeing clients or take time to go to the gym etc... you don't have to be in the clinic for the whole day.
Pay rates are:
- $65/hr - on average you will see clients for 4/5 hours per day - more if you are motivated and wish to increase this
- $75/hr for school visits to cover travel etc...
- There is also a salaried option if you prefer - this will be based on the NSW award rates
To be successful, you will:
- Have experience with a paediatric caseload
- Demonstrate a knowledge of learning difficulties, sensory processing difficulties and developmental stages
- Be able to work independently
- Current membership with OT Australia
- Current driver's licence and ability to use own car to travel to appointments
- Eligible for a clear Working with Children Check
- Eligible for Medicare Provider Number
Ideally, you will be available on a permanent basis. However, a six month contract will also be considered.
No Similar Jobs Found.