Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- : MoveAbout Therapy Services
- : 18-Apr-2018
- : Bella Vista NSW 2153
Hands up if you love kids, love to play, are passionate about learning and want to be the best possible paediatric OT you can!
MoveAbout Therapy Services is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapist to work in a family-centred practice at our Norwest location.
We love what we do and are looking for someone who wants to join a great team, learn, grow, play and change the lives of kids and their families.
About MoveAbout Therapy Services & Sense Ability
- Occupational therapy practice with a play-based and relationship-based approach
- Innovative, fun and exciting treatment approaches incorporating the DIR/ Floortime model and Sensory Processing theory
- State of the art treatment facilities with slides, swings, a ball pit and all the best toys to make therapy fun and meaningful
- Highly credentialed and supportive professional team
- Mentoring with leaders in Australia & the US, including Sheila Frick, creator of Therapeutic Listening; Beth Osten, DIR/Floortime presenter and faculty member of Profectum and ICDL; Tracy Stackhouse, creator of the STEPSI model and presenter of Wilbarger Therapressure Protocol
- Providers for NDIS, FaHCSIA, NGOs, Medicare and private clients
- Speech therapist on site
About the role
Full-time paediatric occupational therapy position with a great team in a pleasant environment which provides great support and mentoring to staff for their individual growth and development.
Opportunities abound with state of the art equipment and resources, you can be a superhero and battle baddies as you get paid to play and make a huge difference in the lives of children and their families!
About the lucky candidate
- Passionate about working with children and their families
- Interest in working with young children with delays or disabilities, including children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder incorporating a strengths-based, family centred approach to early intervention and family services
- University qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Personal drive to learn and grow
- Professional registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
- An understanding of, and skills related to Occupational Therapy when using play-based early childhood intervention strategies and assessment
- Ability to appropriately plan, monitor and report
- Membership in Occupational Therapy Australia
- Eligibility to provide services under the Mental Health Care Plan is preferable but not a requirement
To see how amazing and fun our team is, check out our Facebook pages at www.facebook.com/MoveAboutTherapy and www.facebook.com/Sense-Ability-Paediatric-Occupational-Therapy-232499433502269
No Similar Jobs Found.