Physiotherapist - Ayr
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 04-Dec-2018
- : Ayr QLD 4807
Would you like flexibility in your working hours whilst earning great rates?
Current opportunity is available for immediate start!
This organisation is a multidisciplinary community allied health practice specialises in providing rehabilitation services to a range of clients in the community and aged care settings. We offer a varied caseload including neurological, orthopaedic, cardiorespiratory and postsurgical/ deconditioned clients.
Physiotherapists &/ or Occupational Therapists with an interest in home based assessment and equipment prescription, slow stream rehabilitation, individual one on one and group based exercise therapy, falls prevention, manual handling training and injury prevention are encouraged to apply.
Your role will include a mixture of community and residential clients.
The community component will involve:
- Visiting community clients once referred to assess and report on their current needs and devise a therapy plan to meet goals based on those assessed needs.
- Advising on the required frequency of visit and be able to schedule your time efficiently to consult with numerous clients. Applicants with a knowledge of community & disability care (QCCS, TCP, CHSP, NDIS, HCP & DVA) will be highly regarded.
The residential aged care facility component of your role will include:
- Working with the health care staff at the facility to assess new residents when they enter the facility.
- Advise on manual handling requirements and design therapy programs meet any assessed needs and goals.
- Directing appropriate staff to complete funded interventions as guided by the ACFI as well as completing your own complex pain management interventions as directed.
Your role will also include monitoring of aids and equipment, upgrading or downgrading clients required aids as necessary, monitoring falls within the facility in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team and providing solutions to minimise the fall risk. You will have therapy time available to complete one on one or group therapy / rehabilitation sessions pending the current resident mix and your strengths / preferences with regards to interventions.
Full-time, part-time, casual and contractor positions are available for immediate start. All applicants must be registered with the AHPRA and have or be willing to obtain a police name check. Qualifications in training and assessment are advantageous but not essential.
Experience in community based rehabilitation is desired however new graduates are welcome to apply. Full training is provided. You will receive a fully maintained company vehicle available for private useage (Full Time only).
Full current AHPRA general registration or eligibility to obtain full general AHPRA registration required
No Similar Jobs Found.