Physiotherapist - Northern Queensland
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Dec-2018
- : Townsville QLD 4810
Rehabilitation Physiotherapist - Northern Queensland
Would you like flexibility in your working hours whilst earning great rates? Opportunities are currently available for physiotherapists who enjoy making a difference for their clients and enjoy a successful work/life balance.
Current opportunities available for immediate start in Darling Downs;
- Burdekin (Ayr & Home Hill)
This allied practice specialises in providing rehabilitation services to a range of clients in the community and aged care settings. We offer a varied caseload including neurological, orthopaedic, cardiorespiratory and post-surgical/deconditioned clients. Physiotherapists with an interest in slow stream rehabilitation, individual one on one and group based exercise therapy, falls prevention, manual handling training and injury prevention are encouraged to apply.
Your role will include a mixture of community and residential clients.
The residential aged care facility component of your role will include:
- Working with the health care staff at the facility to assess new residents when they enter the facility
- Advise on manual handling requirements and design therapy programs meet any assessed needs and goals
- Directing appropriate staff to complete funded interventions as guided by the ACFI as well as completing your own complex pain management interventions as directed.
The community component will include:
- Visiting community clients once referred to assess and report on their current needs and devise a therapy plan to meet goals based on those assessed needs
- Advising on the required frequency of visit and be able to schedule your time efficiently to consult with numerous clients. Applicants with a knowledge of community packaged care and disability services will be highly regarded.
Your role will also include monitoring of aids and equipment, upgrading or downgrading clients required aids as necessary, monitoring falls within the facility in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team and providing solutions to minimise the fall risk.
You will have therapy time available to complete one on one or group therapy /rehabilitation sessions pending the current resident mix and your strengths / preferences with regards to interventions.
Full-time, part-time, casual and contractor positions are available for immediate start. All applicants must be registered with the AHPRA and have or be willing to obtain a police name check. Qualifications in training and assessment are advantageous but not essential.
Experience in rehabilitation is desired however new graduates are welcome to apply.
Full training is provided.
No Similar Jobs Found.