- : Australian Army Reserve
- : 09-Aug-2017
- : Adelaide SA 5000
Why join the Army Reserve?
If you're looking for a new challenge, the Army Reserve could be for you. You'll enjoy the satisfaction of giving something back to Australia, while benefitting from:
· tax-free daily pay
· free healthcare and accommodation when serving
· a flexible commitment
· rewarding work that builds on your day job
· management and leadership training
· a supportive team environment
· friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Your part-time role
Army personnel are required to maintain high levels of fitness. For most soldiers and officers exercise is a daily necessity, sport is a given, and work may involve intense physical activity and the potential for injury.
That's why the Army has a need for part-time Physiotherapists to supplement our full-time resources.
In this rewarding role you'll work in both well-equipped hospitals and temporary facilities on exercises and deployments. Your duties will include:
· providing care to pre and post operative cases,
· helping rehabilitate patients after extensive surgery or illness, and
· working in the areas of sports injury management and prevention.
As an Army Officer you will be a mentor and manager too, benefitting from world-class leadership training.
This is a physiotherapy role with a fulfilling extra dimension. If you want to expand your professional skills in a dynamic team environment, apply now to become a Physiotherapist in the Army Reserve.
· Specialist Service Officer Course (26 days and 16 days at separate times)
· Serve between 20 and 100 days each year (at least 50 days preferred)
· Fit service around your existing work and family commitments
The Army provides special resources to help you approach your employer about your ambition to serve as a Reservist.
· Training in Canberra, ACT
· Posting to an Army unit close to where you live
· Fully-paid leadership training
· Starting package $168.66 per day tax free
· Pay increases with rank and experience
· Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
· A degree or diploma in Physiotherapy
· Registered as a Physiotherapist by the appropriate state
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.