- : Living Care
- : 06-Nov-2017
- : Rhodes NSW 2138
- Would you like to bring joy to aged care residents' daily lives by helping improve and maintain their mobility, strength and dexterity?
- Are you motivated to assist the elderly to live their life in the best way possible?
Established in 1938, Living Care, a Ministry of Churches of Christ in NSW, is a not-for-profit Christian organisation, providing Aged Care throughout metropolitan and regional NSW. (For more information please visit www.livingcare.org.au).
About the role
You will be a highly motivated individual responsible for assisting in the development of an internal physiotherapy service with a focus on individualising therapy and services for our residents. This role involves a holistic approach in the implementation and continuous promotion of a wellness programme. You will deliver education and competencies for employees and advise and educate them on manual handling techniques appropriate to individual residents. You will work with a dedicated team to make a real difference to all residents' quality of life and overall well-being.
You will be reporting to the Manager of Residential Services and will be responsible for conducting comprehensive resident assessments. This includes providing ongoing interventions and reviews, and providing robust treatment plans to ensure quality of life and functional abilities for clients.
Aged care experience, with ACFI funding knowledge is preferred but not essential. You will be supported by an experienced management team. Enthusiasm, imagination, creativity and the ability to form relationships with a wide variety of people are most important. In addition to this, having excellent clinical skills and a flexible, client-focused approach to your work is essential
Your experience and qualifications for the role should include:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Physiotherapist with fulltime working rights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-skilled team;
- Current Senior First Aid certificate is highly desirable
- Current Police Clearance valid for Aged Care
- A current driver's license and access to reliable transport
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your time, whilst maintaining an impeccable caring service
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values and signature behaviours - Treat others the way you want to be treated | Work together, achieve together, celebrate together | We do what we say we will do | We deliver our services with joy
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive assessments, ongoing reviews and treatment for the residents
- Developing and maintain strong relationships with employees and other multi-disciplinary professionals in order to provide exemplary customer service
- Delivering pain management, exercise-based interventions and falls prevention programmes to maintain and improve where possible the mobility, dexterity and independence of our residents.
- Be involved in the collaborative care of residents with a wide variety of complex conditions including musculoskeletal, neurological, cardio-respiratory and dementia.
- Delivering education and competency programs for staff and education on manual handling techniques appropriate to individual residents. You will work with a dedicated team to make a real difference to the quality of life and overall well-being of our residents.
Remuneration comes complete with salary-packaging benefits that can increase your take-home pay along with the ability to purchase additionally annual leave (for eligible employees). As an additional benefit there is a tax free component of your remuneration available under the Public Benevolent Institution.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter to Sue Hanna, sue.hannalivingcare.org.au
For further information about the role please contact Louise Ulrick, Deputy Director of Nursing on 8848 9716
No Similar Jobs Found.