Practice Nurse Mackay Region
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 23-Jul-2018
- : Mackay QLD 4740
Practice Nurse - Opportunities for casual, part time or full time positions.
Mackay is the Gateway to the Whitsunday Islands - home of the "Best Job in the World" and we here offer you the best GP job in the world! Situated in tropical paradise, with white sandy beaches, tropical islands and coral reefs for fantastic sailing, fishing, scuba and relaxation. Inland we have rain forests and we also have excellent schools, universities, shopping and easy access to the capital cities in 1.5 hrs flights.
With diverse industries from coal, sugar and tourism, Mackay maintains it's relaxed atmosphere where you can bring up children safely and create a fantastic life and successful future.
Enjoy a stimulating professional life while enjoying a fantastic lifestyle and never suffer the winter again!!!!
Our group of large multi-disciplinary health centres have the widest range of allied health providers onsite and offer a positive atmosphere and culture that is pleasant and welcoming. We have 5 -8 doctors in each practice and have the ability for doctors to develop and enjoy their special interests.
The practices have a dedicated rehabilitation gym, a conference centre, two operating rooms, pharmacy, a GP Mental Health Unit and much more.
These are teaching practices with vertical integration including medical students, GP Registrars and experienced doctors moving towards their FRACGP exams. We have close links with the universities being involved with innovative practice development, research and ongoing business training. Regular clinical and training sessions are held and we are seeking doctors to fill this leadership role.
The practices have mixed billings and focus on quality service provision with effective chronic disease management systems in place to provide quality care and maintain good incomes for doctors. Excellent remuneration and support packages provided for relocation
General Practice experience will be viewed favourably, however this is not essential if you are the right candidate. This person will be required to work collaboratively with general practitioners providing a range of services, including chronic disease management and various health activities. We are looking for someone who has a positive and proactive attitude, who wants the opportunity to be part of our exceptional clinical team caring for the varied primary care needs of the community.
The right candidate must:-
* Have current Australian Nurses Registration;
* Be eligible to work in Australia;
* Be positive with a can do attitude;
* Maintain the professional standards required of your registration;
* Have the ability to be autonomous and collaborative;
* Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
* Have excellent organisation and time management skills;
* Have computing skills.
You will be required to send a current resume outlining your work history and address how your skills and experience can meet or has the potential to meet the following criteria.
- Perform clinical duties including Triage, immunizations and other injections, wound management, chronic disease management, ECG's and collection of pathology samples
2. Assist with clinical procedures and maintain clinical documentation.
3. Provide diagnostic services and conduct preventative or screening procedures, and assist with patient education.
4. Follow correct sterilization techniques and maintain clinical equipment.
5. Maintain systems and processes for hand hygiene, environmental cleaning, and spills management.
6. Maintain awareness of current statutory and regulatory obligations pertaining to infection control, safe storage of vaccines, safe handling of medical waste, hazardous materials, records management, WHS and accreditation.
7. Maintain stock control, in regards to appropriate ordering and disposal of out of date supplies
8. Conduct your duties in an ethical and professional way, and maintain the dignity of patients, providing support and reassurance.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is 31st July, 2018.
No Similar Jobs Found.