Practice Nurse (RN)
- : St George Medical Centre
- : 09-Apr-2018
- : St George QLD 4487
- Family owned practice
- Supportive team environment
- Rural GP practice with 9 doctors rotating through the practice. 4FTE doctors at the practice
- 2.5 FTE nursing staff (including mental health)
- 3 FTE administration staff
- Services offered - Antenatal appointments, pre-employment, drivers and insurance medicals, minor Surgery, skin checks, vaccinations, drug screens, mental health and chronic disease management plans.
- Strong relationship with local hospital
- Primary health provided for the 36-bed nursing home
- Onsite Allied Health and Pathology services - Sullivan Nicholaides Pathology, Adult mental health OT, AOD counsellor, aboriginal health coordinator, physiotherapy, podiatry, optometrist, massage therapist, ultrasound, dietician, diabetic educator, exercise physiologist, occupational therapist, speech therapist. (services range from fulltime to 1 day a fortnight, depending on demand)
- Other visiting Specialist to the practice – Ophthalmologist, endocrinologist, general physician.
- Other visiting specialist to St George – FOG, Paediatrician, General Surgeon, internal medicine, Heart of Australia truck, private and public dentists.
- Good referral processes and pathways in place with specialist both here and away. Video and tele health consult infrastructure.
- State of the art IT infrastructure and software.
About the role
Duties would include:
•Patient recalls and reminders
•Stock control and ordering
•Chronic Disease Management – Care Plans
Skills and experience
Essential for the role:
•Current AHPRA registration
•The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
•A friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
•Excellent communication skills
•Flexibility and reliability with working hours
No Similar Jobs Found.