Psychologist - Central Queensland
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Aug-2018
- : Central Queensland Mc QLD 4702
Do you want a role which is cutting edge and exciting?
Are you passionate about making a difference to communities that need it the most?
Would you like an opportunity for a role within various cultural, linguistic and indigenous people groups?
Are you looking for experience in rural/ remote settings and small niche client groups?
Would you like to work in a multi-disciplinary Allied health team?
Do you have a passion for learning and growth?
Due to a period of high growth we are seeking a suitably qualified professional Psychologist to join our dynamic team that operates on the cutting edge of health intervention. Our vision is: "To be THE innovative national health group incorporating a holistic approach to paediatrics, community, and health promotion and health prevention to local Communities and its families". The role can either be based in Emerald, Blackwater or the Greater Central Highlands area.
The business is locally owned and operated and offers educational-based assessments and therapy, paediatric services, and community services to a wide range of clients that include Australian Educational groups, Community based groups and Aged Care groups. We have been providing services within many of the communities of Central Queensland for 9 years.
The successful candidate will possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, prioritisation and organisational skills including the ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and delegate.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality psychology clinical services across a number of clinical areas including private clients, paediatrics clients, community clients, educational clients, and aged care clients in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards.
- Working collaboratively and effectively within a team and with patients / clients to deliver quality clinical services
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of assessment/ therapy materials to ensure the service performed is innovative and cutting edge
- Actively participate in LTTS team clinical environments to ensure that Psychology services are integrated, efficient and equitable for the community serviced.
- Actively participate in the identification, development and implementation of quality
- Develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within a team and by engaging in professional development activities.
- The role includes outreaches to a variety of settings and travel may be a requirement.
Education & Qualifications:
- A tertiary degree and registration (or equivalent) qualification in Psychology.
- Membership or eligibility for professional membership.
- Ability to apply for Medicare Services
- Appropriate remuneration and Super package applied with supply of equipment/ phone/ internet as part of remuneration package
- Recently Registered Psychologists are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Educational and Community processes is preferred but not mandatory
- Willingness to function autonomously
- Willingness to participate in self development and ongoing training
- Position can be managed to suit casual, part time or full time Psychologists.
If this sounds like the position for you click apply now and provide your CV and cover letter.
No Similar Jobs Found.