Registered Nurse - Continence Coordinator
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 27-Jul-2018
- : Hamilton VIC 3300
- Part time with flexible days,
- Award salary EBA Community Nursing Gr 4A Yr 1 or 2
- Rural and Remote Housing Allowance Entitlement
- 4 weeks free accommodation on arrival
- Fleet car for work related travel
- Staff pharmacy discount
- Free parking
- Active Social club
- Leadership development programs available
- Relocation grant provided by RWAV for eligible candidates
Western District Health Service (WDHS) have two positions, Registered Nurse in the role of Continence Coordinator (team leader) 48hrs per fortnight and Registered Nurse Continence -8hrs per fortnight and leave relief. Be part of a high functioning team within comprehensive range of acute inpatient services, residential aged care and primary and community health services. With flexible hours on offer make the most of this stunning location central to major tourism icons such as Great Ocean Road, Grampians National Park and Coonawarra Wine Region!
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the continence team and assist clients/carers with the coordination and delivery of continence services together with the management of patient supplies within the health independence programs
- Work to establish, maintain and empower community groups in the areas if continence
- Data management, reporting to management and the Department of Health on continence activity and statistics.
- Contribution to total care of continence clients both in the hospital and community
- Maximise patient care and continence services through effective communication and coordination of key stakeholders
- Contribute to and involvement in the Primary and Preventative Health Division at Western District Health Service
- Collaborate to plan, develop, implement promote and evaluate health promotion programs
- Assist with the development of funding submissions for specialist needs and health promotion projects
- Maintain current knowledge of ethics, legislation and health industry standards with regards to continence health promotion, safety and infection control
- Be self-motivated and take the initiative to identify and resolve problems
- Registered Nurse with advanced clinical skills
- Continence post graduate qualification – or working towards
- Management experience and program management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team and show flexibility
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Police Check
- Current Working with Children’s Check
WDHS is a leading Sub-Regional referral centre providing a comprehensive range of acute inpatient services, residential aged care and primary and community health services. Their Continence Department offers community support and acute care services across all ages and needs.
It’s WDHS’s aim to provide the most comprehensive range of high quality person centred and safe healthcare services within their capabilities to the community.
Western District Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that has a commitment to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Indigenous, Torres Strait Islander, their families and communities and encourages them to apply. This organisation promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally, linguistically diverse and aboriginal backgrounds and those with a disability.
No Similar Jobs Found.