Registered Nurse - General Practice
- : HealthcareLink Support
- : 03-Dec-2018
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Located closer to the main city of Cairns (13 kilometres south), Edmonton is similar to Gordonvale in that it was also originally established as a sugar milling town, however has now become a suburb of the larger city of Cairns.
The town was originally called Hambledon because of its proximity to the Hambledon plantation and mill. In 1911 the name was changed to Edmonton after a village in England. Even though this new name has been in place for almost 100 years, the name Hambledon remains enshrined in a number of local institutions such as the local school (Hambledon State School), hotel (Hambledon Hotel) and mill (Hambledon Mill - now closed).
About the Practice:
The Family Practice is a progressive, fully accredited, multidisciplinary family primary health care setting, with modern facilities, fully equipped acute treatment areas and nurses station.
Our clinical service offers chronic health management including a structured diabetes clinic, women's and children's services, indigenous health and the full range of general practice treatment.
About the role:
Currently we are seeking an a Registered Nurse to work on a part-time basis, ideally four days a week - including every second Saturday, within our well established general medical practice located in Edmonton, Cairns.
The successful candidate will be a passionate individual who is dedicated to their profession and in providing the highest quality health care, together with:
* Current unrestricted nursing registration with AHPRA
* Registered Nurse (RN) qualifications
* Previous experience in General Practice experience
* Immunisation endorsed and pap registered highly desirable, though not essential
* Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a busy environment, as part of both a team as well as autonomously
* Exceptional patient and customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills
* Commitment to best practice
* Commitment to ethical behavior and conduct
In return, we offer a supportive and friendly team environment, work/life balance and above award pay rates.
For further information regarding this role please apply today by clicking on the apply button below
No Similar Jobs Found.