Registered Nurse Sexual Health - Mount Isa
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 18-Aug-2017
- : Mt Isa & Western QLD QLD
Registered Nurse - Sexual Health, Expression of Interest vacancy
An opportunity exists for 12 months initially to implement an STI screening program in the context of young adult health checks together with our dynamic team at Gidgee Healing Mount Isa - an organisation making long-term positive impacts on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions.
Gidgee Healing is a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mt Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. We provide General Practice, maternal and child health, social and preventative health, health promotion and education, allied health and specialist services.
Gidgee Healing is also the lead agency for headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. Our organisation strives to enhance the accessibility and uptake of health services in our communities, providing early identification and management of STIs and chronic disease to ensure our families stay healthy and well.
We are seeking a nurse to implement an STI screening program in Gidgee clinics and remote communities. The program will deliver high quality, safe health services within a culture of innovation and organisational reflection. You will work with Gidgee's multidisciplinary teams to:
- Embed appropriate screening activities and STI management in young adult health checks across Gidgee clinics
- Organise and deliver young adult health check clinics in Doomadgee and Mornington Island
- Collaborate with the Deadly Choices team to enhance and maintain STI screening in the community
- Work with QAIHC staff on the peer education program
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to develop a secure data sharing platform to drive an increase in STI screening levels to agreed targets
- Hold an annual planning and feedback workshop with all collaborating service providers
Based in Mount Isa, this position will provide a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of primary health care innovation and excellence in remote Australia. The successful applicant will be required to travel regularly to remote communities.
No Similar Jobs Found.