Remote Occupational Therapist - Griffith
- : Vision Australia
- : 05-Mar-2018
- : Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- Griffith Location
- Part time 3 days per week
- Working with Children & Adults
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or have low vision to help them achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
We support more than 27,500 people of all ages and life stages, and circumstances. We do this through 28 Vision Australia centres across the country.
An exciting opportunity awaits an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our regional team; based in Griffith you will support families and adults with low vision in and around the Griffith area. This is a flexible role where you will work independently with remote support from our offices in Albury, Shepparton and Wagga.
As an Occupational Therapist at Vision Australia you will:
- Assess the client's capacity to participate in activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, and recreation
- Provide individual OT training and intervention programs, to provide clients with maximum independence and the ability to participate in appropriate activities aligned with their choices
- Assess and train clients in the use of assistive devices
- Work across all age groups but mostly with children and their families.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant Occupational Therapy qualifications, including working with children
- Strong service delivery expertise
- High level of communication and organisational and planning skills
- A demonstrated understanding of person centred practices
- A collaborative approach which ensures you achieve positive client outcomes, and
- Ideally an understanding of issues relating to blindness and low vision
- Be confident working independently
Working as part of Vision Australia you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based working environments
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
We’re always on the lookout for energetic, motivated people who share our values to be Person Centred, Accountable, Collaborative, Commercially Focused and Agile.
Do you want to become a part of a team that supports a future where our clients have the opportunity like never before to live the life they choose? Please select the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Candidates should address the essential job competencies as outlined the position description and should also consider and be able to demonstrate Vision Australia’s organisational values which are central to the organisation’s culture. Applications should be uploaded as a word file. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
As part of Vision Australia’s commitment to being an inclusive employer and embedding a culture where staff, volunteers and clients can be themselves and feel safe, and to protecting the best interests and safety of children and vulnerable people, successful applicants will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
No Similar Jobs Found.