Residential Aged Care Facility Manager, Mornington Island
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 19-Jul-2018
- : Mornington QLD 4825
Residential Aged Care Facility Manager vacancy
Location: Mornington Island and Lower Gulf, QLD
Employment Status: Full-time
Are you an experienced Facility Manager looking to take on a new diverse and challenging opportunity?
Are you excited by the idea of living and working in remote communities and making a difference?
Join the leaders in the provision of community based aged care, working in far north Queensland!
Multiple opportunities - attractive remuneration and great benefits!
About North and West Remote Health (NWRH)
Leaders in the delivery of aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
NWRH are a stand out in service delivery through:
- Community Focus
- Local Approach
- Extensive Experience
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
NWRH now has two fantastic opportunities for Aged Care Facility Managers
A full time Facility Manager, responsible for the day to day operations of the Aged Person's Hostel including the delivery of quality care, lifestyle and accommodation for NWRH residents and community aged care clients is required in Mornington Island
A Full time position also exists for a relief Facility Manager who will rotate through our three remote aged care facilities to relieve facility managers and 2ICs when they are taking their rotational break out of the community, or when they are on leave.
The Facility Manager
- Provides nursing care to residential and community aged care recipients, in accordance with the Aged Care Act and the appropriate Australian Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment and rostering activities.
- Oversees general operations of the facility including procurement, maintenance, and kitchen cleaning and laundry functions
- Fosters a positive workplace culture by means of a supportive and inclusive approach to H R issues
- Takes responsibility for maintaining systems and processes that support accreditation standards for the residential aged care service and packaged care;
- Promotes a culture of continuous quality improvement by identifying areas for improvement and supporting quality improvement activities
You will be a capable and practical manager with the capacity to function at a very high level in isolated surroundings and with minimal support. You will be an effective team leader, keen to develop the skills and capacity of your staff, while maintaining sensitivity to diverse cultural issues. Your demonstrated flexibility, resilience and willingness to accept the challenges of living and working in remote aboriginal communities will be pivotal to your success.
It is essential you possess high level communication skills, along with an awareness of local health issues and the ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds. Although not essential, prior experience working within an aged care environment would be highly regarded.
In addition, competency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite will be required.
Please Note: You must be willing to travel by road and/or in small planes to communities within the place catchment area on a regular basis. A 'C' Class Driver's License is also a requirement of this position.
Registered Nurse qualifications with current AHPRA registration are required.
Why you'll love working with NWRH
This position will provide the right person with a great opportunity to engage with the people of remote Australia, and learn about and live with indigenous culture. It is also a real opportunity to contribute to the strengthening of these communities.
If successful, you will receive an attractive remuneration commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Accommodation and electricity paid for by NWRH
- Relocation assistance
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
Furthermore you will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities, with high level support from your leaders and colleagues.
If you're an experienced Aged Care Manager looking for a unique opportunity to expand your skills and experience Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check;
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply; and
- We encourage people with disability who have relevant skills and experience, to apply for any advertised vacancies.
No Similar Jobs Found.