Senior Social Worker
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 07-Aug-2018
- : Warrnambool VIC 3280
- Full time or part time hours negotiable
- Salary as per EBA
- Access to Salary sacrifice
- Generous external CPD contributions, supervision & mentoring
- Internal Leadership Development Program
- Relocation grant provided by RWAV for eligible candidates
South West Healthcare (SWH) are looking for an experienced Grade 3, Senior Social Worker across acute inpatient, subacute inpatient, and community departments. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse range of patients and cases for issues such as bereavement, grief and loss counselling, trauma, pregnancy loss, chronic health related issues, anxiety and depression.
Would suit a natural leader wanting to support junior staff in their development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of advanced clinical services in the acute and subacute hospital setting at SWH
- Support the Manager of Social Work, Counselling and Aboriginal Liaison to enhance team building and excellence
- Provide a leadership role within and across the broader Allied Health team
- Comply with all relevant legislative requirements, organisational policies, by-laws, standing orders, vision or mission statements and values
- Participate in the development of services that are accessible to clients with the greatest potential to benefit from social work and counselling
- Additional delegated responsibilities may include activities such as representing the stream/discipline in relevant forums and acting as a delegate for the Manager of Social Work, Counselling and Aboriginal Liaison.
- Eligibility for registration with AASW
- Relevant post-graduate qualification preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to enhance team building and performance in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of acute hospital social work practice, including psycho-social assessment & treatment options
- Ability to provide internal/external education, facilitate learning and act as a supervisor and mentor for students and junior staff
- Advanced knowledge of anti-discriminatory and culturally inclusive practice, and demonstrated ability to apply this
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex client caseloads
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children’s Check
South West Healthcare (SWH) is the largest sub-regional health service in Victoria. Providing acute, mental health, rehabilitation, and aged care together with an extensive range of primary and community health services across the south west catchment. Community programmes include Transition Care Programme (TCP), Intensive Home Based Rehab, Subacute Ambulatory Care Service (SACS) and Complex Care.
No Similar Jobs Found.