Speech Pathologist - 6 months contract - Northern Territory location
- : HCA Allied Health
- : 21-Jun-2017
- : Darwin NT 800
HCA is seeking locum speech pathologist for 6 months contract in Northern Territory.
- Accomodation provided for 4 weeks
- $78,097 - $93,655
- 6 month contract
Join HCA now and receive 10,000 HCA Rewards Points Bonus, equivalent to $500 in gifts.
HCA is seeking locum speech pathologist for 6 months contract in Northern Territory. You will provide Speech Pathology services for people with disabilities across the lifespan as well as the frail aged, support clients to access and participate and live in the community using a consultative service delivery approach. You will be handling the caseload region for a predominantly paediatric caseload. Frequent travel is required which may be up to one week in duration. Team work and collaboration with community stakeholders .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on contemporary practice, provide community-based Speech Pathology services utilising a consultative model to investigate, plan, develop and monitor programs responsive to the client's needs.
- In consultation with families, carers, guardians, health care and/or education providers, assist with case management of clients and liaise closely with service providers and community stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient outcomes for clients.
- Develop, implement and evaluate health promotion and education programs in response to client and community needs.
- Maintain electronic and paper client clinical records to ensure continuity of care, and undertake administrative duties in relation to effective service delivery
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of local work unit, branch and Department of Health plans and policies.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- A degree in Speech Pathology from an Australian institution, or equivalent; eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia and relevant post-graduate experience in and current knowledge of providing appropriate speech pathology services for the relevant client groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice, trends and principles in the fields of developmental delay, impairment, disability, and or ageing and demonstrated ability to work independently as a Speech Pathologist whilst also performing effectively as a member of a trans-disciplinary team providing a quality service within legislative, policy and ethical requirements.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, interpersonal and communication skills with clients, families, team members and other service providers, and an ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, implement and evaluate professional education programs for service providers and colleagues, and health promotion programs for clients, their families and carers.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and data management skills.
- Driver License
No Similar Jobs Found.