- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 03-Aug-2018
- : Yarram VIC 3971
- 0.9 FTE- no weekends, flexible hours
- Experience range of clinical areas
- Award rates plus sole practitioner allowance
- Clinical supervision available
- Relocation subsidy provided
- CPD leave , Access to in-services and $1,000 annual CPD allowance
- Use of fleet cars
About the Role:
As part of a multi-disciplinary allied health team you will be the sole Speech Pathologist in a full time capacity of 0.9 FTE. Working across a varied case load, providing services across early intervention, primary and secondary school services, adult and paediatric outpatients, acute inpatients, inpatient rehabilitation, residential care and health promotion.
The team provides services to a high proportion of paediatric clients with moderate to severe speech impediments as a result of brain injury or dysphagia.
As an employee you will be working within an enthusiastic dynamic and supportive team where you be valued by the organisation. There will be access to professional development opportunities which may include paid study days and attendance at local business meetings through the region.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide goal directed and person centred speech pathology services focussing on paediatric, school age and adult clients
- Plan, deliver and evaluate services that build on strengths, needs and priorities inclusive of advocates and carers
- Prioritise caseloads for optimal therapy service, maximise use of available resources in cost effective manner and team approach with Allied health coordinator
- Participate in health promotion activities to encourage referrals
- Contribute to project work
- Data collection and record keeping
- Team approach with nursing staff and allied health team to ensure best outcomes
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent
- Speech Pathology Association of Australia membership (or be eligible to gain membership)
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience with children and adults within community sector
- Extensive knowledge of formal and informal assessment tools and intervention options for clients, carers and supports.
- Ability to work in partnership with families and carers, agencies and community groups to support individual development, inclusion to inform and empower people
- Proven ability to be self directed, work independently, assume responsibility and take instruction
- Ability to interact with wide range of people with written and verbal interactions
- Understanding and ability to provide services and support within parameters of available funding
- Ability to work positively in a changing environment
- Have current Australian driver’s license
YDHS is a small and personable organisation who value their staff. A recent new build and refurbishment of the hospital provides multi-disciplinary care with medical centre, hospital and Allied health team all housed together at the new facility. The health service provide acute care, residential care and an extensive range of community based services to a catchment population of 6,500.
The Allied Health team provides service to the community including children to the elderly, those with a disability, residential aged care , inpatients, and is funded through state and commonwealth health funding and some via TAC, DVA and HCP
Yarram is located 220km east of Melbourne situated on a picturesque plain between the Strezlecki Mountain ranges to the north and the Ninety Mile Beach to the south. Deep in the dairy country of South Gippsland, Yarram holds a strong sense of community spirit, friendliness and hospitality. It is a beautiful area with the coast, rainforest and national park all within 40 minutes drive as well as the famous Port Albert fish and chips just down the road.
South Gippsland contains many picturesque townships at the gateway to Wilson’s Promontory National Park. With the beautiful surf beaches of Waratah Bay, the area offers a relaxed and family friendly lifestyle, excellent schools and a wide range of cultural and sporting activities. Surrounded by diary and grazing farms, the town is located in undulating land and has a good range of shops and eating destinations to keep you entertained. A small town but with all the necessary amenities and affordable housing.
To apply for this position send your resume and key criteria details to: ScreeningAHNrwav.com.au or call Angela Phillips on 03 9349 7800 for a confidential chat.
Please do not contact the organisation directly at this stage.
Please note experience within Australian community health is essential