Aboriginal Community Worker Mental Health (VSA)
- : Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation
- : 04-Nov-2020
- : Galiwinku NT 822
Aboriginal Community Worker Mental Health (VSA)
- We’re one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal healthcare.
- We’re engaging with health issues at a grass roots community level.
- We’re looking for passionate individuals who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full-time opportunity until 30th June 2021 due to funding. Based in our Galiwinku Health Centre you will be working closely with our health professionals and service providers which is critical to our clients success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with our clients and our team in order to provide great care in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
You will work with the Mental Health and the AOD Team to provide culturally inclusive Mental Health services to individuals, families and the community of Galiwinku.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- To work in partnership with other health professionals to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to health care.
- To work in partnership with other service providers such as the police, psychiatric services in Darwin, Drug and Alcohol services and specialist services to ensure the best standard of care for mental health clients in the community.
- To assist with the distribution of medications for mental health clients.
- To participate in the after-hours on-call roster for mental health emergencies.
- To work with local police where necessary with clients with complex anger management issues, drug and alcohol issues, family disputes or mental health issues in working towards the best outcome for the client, the client’s family and community.
Whether working with a remote healthcare provider is in your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe.
A competitive salary of $56,613 - $68,168 per annum (dependent on skills and experience) and a comprehensive range of benefits are provided with this full time position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and clients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Islander people from different cultural backgrounds particularly those residing in remote Aboriginal communities and traditional homelands.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues effecting health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Islander people in contemporary society.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of clients, staff and external agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under limited direction either individually or in a team.
- Current manual NT driver’s license and the ability to obtain a National Police Check and OCHRE card.
- CONSULTANT PSYCHIATRIST
- Posted By: neuroCare
- Posted Date: 2020-11-12
- Location:All Sydney NSW
- CONSULTANT PSYCHIATRIST Due to our growth, we are looking for Psychiatrists to either partner wit...
- Services Development
- Posted By: AUSTRALIAN DEVELOPMENT TESTING ACCOUNT
- Posted Date: 2020-11-10
- Non-random descriptive text
- Medical Officer - Ravenhall
- Posted By: Correct Care Australasia
- Posted Date: 2020-11-09
- Location:Southbank VIC 3006
- Working across a multi-disciplinary team with a great degree of autonomy Genuine professional d...
- Locum - Child Psychiatrist - Gold Coast
- Posted By: HealthcareLink Locum Support
- Posted Date: 2020-11-03
- Location:All Gold Coast QLD
- Child Psychiatrist Locum needed in the Gold Coast The Locum attachment will include some admin...