Allied Health Manager – Psychology
- : Western Health
- : 13-May-2020
- : All Perth WA
The Allied Health Manager – Psychology is responsible for leadership and management of the Psychology Department to deliver services that are effective, high in quality, responsive to patient needs and focused on patient outcomes.
The Allied Health Manager – Psychology will lead and manage a service that operates within budget; consists of a cohesive, well- functioning team; is aligned with the operational and strategic goals and vision of the health service; and promotes excellence in health care through teaching, research and learning.
The Allied Health Manager – Psychology will work with other Service Managers and Directors across Western Health to ensure that Allied Health clinicians and services are a critical value adding component of the multidisciplinary team that supports patient care, quality and clinical governance activities, program and service KPIs and meet the broader organisation’s operational and strategic goals.
To be Successful in this Role you
- Hold an approved Post Graduate Degree in Psychology
- Registration with AHPRA with endorsement in either Clinical Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology
- Be eligible for membership to the Australian Psychological Society
- Extensive clinical knowledge and experience in Clinical & Health Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology
- Have an understanding of the current directions in health care
- An ability to think and work strategically with key organisational stakeholders
- Evidence of highly developed organisational and networking skills including ability to work closely and collaboratively with medical and nursing staff
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial and human resource management
- Strong skills in data analysis and management
- Proven ability to promote research activities in a clinical practice environment
- Proven ability to provide leadership within a complex service environment
- Highly developed proficiency in setting up evaluation frameworks
- Proven success in change management
- A valid Victorian driver’s license to support a cross campus role
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
No Similar Jobs Found.