Bushfire Support Counsellor
- : Catholic Care
- : 22-Nov-2020
- : All Sydney NSW
ushfire Support Counsellor
- Accommodation allowance for 12 months
- Therapeutic Counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
- Full time/Part time position
- Positions available in Bega Valley and Eurobodalla
CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn is a leading not-for-profit organisation with a presence in the community for over 60 years providing a range of services.
You may be required to work across office sites and travel to various in-reach external locations in the region to deliver counselling services, psycho-education workshops and run groups. Participation in community lead activities along with other support services is encouraged.
The role requires you to undertake some administrative tasks including maintaining counselling records, writing relevant reports, data entry, ensuring treatment plans are followed and other associated tasks.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives - we want to hear from you!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option and professional development in a family-friendly environment.
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Qualifications as follows:
- Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, or
- Social Workers with AASW membership (mental health accreditation desirable), or
- Degree qualified counsellors with registrations with ACA or PACFA (level 3 or 4), or
- Mental Health accredited Nurse, or
- Mental Health Accredited Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of trauma and grief on mental health and community wellbeing following a natural disaster
- Demonstrated skills and experience working within a trauma-informed model of therapeutic evidence-based intervention
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel as required
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- A current drivers licence, and
- A Working with Children Check
- Posted By: Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta
- Posted Date: 2020-11-25
- Location:Parramatta NSW 2150
- Counsellor Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta is a leading Catholic independent school for g...
- EAP Counsellor
- Posted By: Catholic Care
- Posted Date: 2020-11-22
- Location:All Sydney NSW
- Fulfilling counselling role with competitive salary and benefits Full Time/Part Time positio...