Care Services Coordinator/ Registered Nurse Position
At Beacon Support our motto is Life Enabling and we incorporate our values of Integrity, Equality, Teamwork, Safety and Compassion into all that we do.
We support clients living with disabilities and those who are ageing, enabling them to reach their potential and live the life they choose. Our team of Support Workers provide 24/7 support for personal care, in-home support, community access and domestic assistance for clients with high-complex health needs, within their own home and multiple client homes.
Beacon Support are a pro-vaccination organisation in line with meeting the needs of our clients.
Predominately based at our head office in Brendale, the Care Services Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that appropriate and clinical based Support/Care Plans are provided for all of Beacon Support's clients.
Each Care Services Coordinator manages a case load of clients under the guidance of the Operations Manager and supports a small team of Support Workers.
Key tasks include:
- Undertaking person centred care assessments and care planning
- Providing clinical advice and support
- Creating and reviewing compliant medication documentation
- Completing file and documentation audits
- Developing client focused policies and procedures
- Undertaking reporting processes and incident management
- Supporting client referrals, intake requests and general enquiries
- Acting as a supervisor to Support Workers who are allocated to clients under your management
- Actively participating in the Care Services Team, working closely with colleagues at all times
- Managing and supporting team issues and concerns
As a Registered Nurse, a key component of this role is to support the RN after hours line regarding clinical and medication concerns and approvals. This support is shared with other RN's on a rostered basis.
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a disability support operational environment including knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and other home care schemes
- Proven experience managing key stakeholder relationships with the ability to effectively manage shared priorities
- Experience managing a small team would be highly desirable
- High level written and verbal communication ability including influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Experience or ability to gain required skills in writing reports and Support/Care Plans
- Superior time management and attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative
- High level of computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new programs
- Bachelor of Nursing with current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Blue and Yellow Card
- National Police Check
- NDIS Code of Conduct
- Right to work in Australia
- Your own transport, current drivers licence and fully insured vehicle
If you have the required skills and experience please click on the apply now button and send your resume and covering letter. For further information please call our and ask for Nicole.
Applications will close Monday 20th September 2021 at 9am, however applications may close earlier if a successful candidate is found, so don't delay in submitting your cover letter and resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment agencies need not enquire.
No Similar Jobs Found.