Child and Adolescent Psychologist
Northern Kids Therapy is the largest multi-disciplinary paediatric allied health service in the North-East. We provide family-centred and evidence-based Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Therapy Assistant services to children from birth through to adolescence.
We are currently expanding our service offerings to include Psychology (and other allied health practices) to provide our families with a holistic and inclusive service.
Based in Mill Park, Victoria, Northern Kids Therapy Service offers clinic based and mobile therapy services across the North-Eastern Metropolitan Area.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an early career or experienced Psychologist to join us on a permanent (on-going) part time or full time basis.
We are seeking expressions of interest from sole-trading Psychologists to work in collaboration and partnership with our practice (if preferred).
- Work with and provide therapy to a varied paediatric caseload (children from birth to adolescence) in a one-to-one and group-based setting.
- Work alongside a collaborative multi-disciplinary team (such as Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and more).
- Conduct standardised assessments (such as WISC-V, WIAT, WPPSI and ADOS) and provide therapy to individuals ranging in age from early intervention to adolescence.
- Provide comprehensive psychological reports and diagnostic feedback to families, inclusive of multi-disciplinary assessment and reporting.
What we're looking for
We're in search of a creative, innovative and motivated Psychologist that is passionate about family-centred practice and delivering evidence-based therapy programs embedded into the daily routine and lives of the children and families we support.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our company and work collaboratively with our team of therapists and the wider community.
Why work with us?
We're not your average Private Practice.
- We're about to LEVEL UP! We're currently building our own MASSIVE therapy hub located in Mill Park, Victoria - we're talking purpose built and unique spaces to deliver therapy to your clients (not just a tiny 3x4 clinic room).
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression, leadership positions and diversity in your role.
- Above award salary-based package plus superannuation.
- We offer flexible working arrangements - work from home, in our brand new clinic or within the child's natural environment (their home or community settings).
- Not a morning person? Need to pick your kids up from school? That's cool. We offer flexible working hours too.
- It's not all ‘billable hours’ and ‘KPIs’ - we will support you to progressively build your caseload.
- Regular supervision, mentoring and internal professional development - your growth and development is genuinely important to us.
- Generous professional development budget, as well as, paid ‘Study Leave’.
- We are a workplace that is truly passionate about work-life balance and self care. We haven't achieved the growth and staff retention rates we have just through pure luck!
- Opportunities to develop skills to deliver innovative therapy programs within the clinic and in the community.
- Plenty of high-quality therapy resources and assessments available to you.
- Regular team building opportunities and a fun working environment (We're talking wine and painting nights, trivia, staff snow trip, staff retreats and more!).
- Travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop provided.
Are you an Early Career Psychologist?
- As an early career Psychologist, you will participate in our comprehensive and intensive Graduate Program specifically tailored to build your confidence and capacity to work with children, their families and the wider community.
- Weekly supervision and mentoring with an external senior Psychologist.
- Fortnightly internal professional development and case discussions to support clinical planning and implementation with the entire multi-disciplinary team - gaining knowledge and skills from the entire allied health team (i.e.: speech pathologists and occupational therapists).
- Allocated planning and administration time with a reduced caseload to ease you into practice.
- Accredited Post-Graduate Degree in Psychology
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by AHPRA
- Current Driver's License and reliable car
- Current Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
- Ability to register for a Medicare Provider number
- Mental Health Clinician – Mount Isa
- Posted By: Cameron Arnott
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:mount isa QLD 4825
- Are you a registered psychologist, clinical psychologist, mental health accredited social worker, mental health accredited registered nurse or mental health accredited occupational therapist? Applicants who...
- Sr Psychologist - Positive Behaviour Support
- Posted By: Autism 360™
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:All Australia
- About the job Looking for a career change in the new Financial year? At Autism 360 we are hiring ...
- Posted By: Bobbi Cook Behaviour Management
- Posted Date: 2022-08-11
- Location:Delacombe VIC 3356
- We have several flexible and exciting roles available for the right people in our vibrant growing te...
- Posted By: Step Ahead Psychology
- Posted Date: 2022-08-10
- Location:Wollongong NSW 2500
- Psychologists for In-clinic and Outdoor settings (Wollongong and Forbes locations) Who we ar...
- FT Psychologist - New graduates welcome/Training -...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2022-08-09
- Location:Campbelltown NSW 2560
- Job title: FT Psychologist wanted in Campbelltown, NSW Location: Campbelltown, NSW Salary: At...