Child and Maternal Health Registered Nurse (Female Identified Position)
- Salary of $97,332 – $103,993 p/a, negotiable with skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging of $15,899.94 p/a
- Female Identified Position
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (Anyinginyi) has an exciting opportunity for a Child & Maternal Health Registered Nurse to join their Parlpuru Ninji Kari – Health Services Section, in Tennant Creek. This role is offered on a full-time basis.
Why Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation?
Established in 1984, Anyinginyi is a multi-disciplinary organisation providing holistic primary health care to Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and four small communities in the Barkly Region an area almost 150,000 sq km in size. Anyinginyi remains dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
What’s in it for you?
Working with Anyinginyi not only offers rewarding career options in a dynamic workplace, but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Salary of $97,333 – $103,994 p/a, negotiable with skills and experience
- Salary packaging up to $15,899.94 pa. and remote retention allowance of $750
- Subsidised accommodation for candidates outside of the Barkly region
- Up to $5000 relocation assistance and up to $5000 repatriation assistance
- Employee access to Anyinginyi Health Clinic – with free prescriptions free general dentistry
What’s the role?
This role is primarily responsible for providing a family-centred, comprehensive child health service to clients of the Anyinginyi. The incumbent will also work towards closing the gap in access to child health services by working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health care team to promote and improving the health of children and families in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner, through ongoing monitoring, education, prevention, promotion and early intervention strategies.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to-
- Working collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the effective delivery of child and maternal health services to Anyinginyi clients
- Undertaking universal and extended child health checks and developmental screening opportunistically and as required
- In consultation with the multidisciplinary team, assisting with the development of care plans for children with chronic conditions
- Undertaking case management and care coordination for children with complex needs where multiple specialist service input is required.
- In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and local stakeholders, coordinating and implementing the Childhood Immunisation Program as per state schedule
Is the role right for you?
To be considered for this position, you must be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration and acquire clinical skills and experience needed to work competently in remote areas.
Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in Child and Maternal Health
- Post Graduate Qualifications preferably in Remote Area Nursing or Child Health Nursing
- Current certification to give vaccines in the Northern Territory or ability to achieve this
- Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrated provision of high-quality patient care and advanced assessment, problem solving, critical thinking and organisational skills
What’s it like living in Tennant Creek?
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes, and vibrant, diverse, and warm communities – that’s life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in! As a small regional centre, Tennant Creek does not have the facilities one would find in larger country towns like Katherine or Alice Springs however it does provide for all the basics that most people require, and several tourist attractions within easy reach like the beautiful Lake Mary Ann.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Applicants must address the selection criteria in a cover letter and provide a current CV along with contact details for at least 2 referees.
No Similar Jobs Found.