Child Development Specialist
- : Yourtown
- : 13-Oct-2020
- : Elizabeth SA 5112
- Part time position (22.8 hrs week) – based at Elizabeth SA and working with clients within the Playford area
- Become an integral member of a diverse and passionate team
- Work within a flexible program which includes a combination of inreach and outreach services
- Work within a service that recognises and understands the impact of trauma on the ability for a child to meet developmental milestones
The yourtown Early Childhood Development (ECD) Program is designed to deliver highly collaborative strategies to ensure vulnerable pre-school aged children reach physical, emotional and social developmental milestones, and transition to school successfully. The Program is aimed at providing appropriate interventions and referrals for pre-school aged children who are not meeting developmental milestones as a result of trauma.
The Child Development Specialist will:
- Conduct assessments aimed at gathering information about a child’s development. It is the role of the Child Development Specialist to conduct, score and interpret results of the Ages & Stages suite of Questionnaires (ASQ).
- Provide consultation to the Program Worker and Intensive Family Practitioners to assist them in determining the most appropriate interventions based on the results of the assessments.
- Use professional knowledge to assess whether developmental delays are as a result of trauma or other cognitive and neurodevelopmental issues.
- Will be responsible (where appropriate) for conducting scoring and interpreting other program assessments e.g. observational tools such as Piccolo.
- Facilitate group programs/activities for parents aimed at enhancing parenting skills and understanding. Content for these activities may include; attachment, trauma and safety, parenting, bring up great kids etc.
- Possess a passion for working with marginalised and vulnerable populations within a framework that is strengths based, client-focussed, trauma informed and empowering.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of complex trauma and the way this impacts on a child and their capacity to meet appropriate developmental milestones.
- Have a demonstrated ability and extensive knowledge in working with pre-school aged children.
- Possess solid knowledge of the complexity of issues that my impact on these families including intergenerational trauma, culture, social status etc.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of child development and childhood milestones.
In addition to this you also possess:
- A tertiary qualification in an appropriate field (Early Childhood Development, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related field.
If you have the required qualifications and experience and want an opportunity where you can be innovative, drive change and have a positive impact on the lives of marginalised children and young people we would love to hear from you. We offer attractive employment conditions including access to salary packaging arrangements and paid parental leave. Find your place at yourtown.
No Similar Jobs Found.