- : Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service Brisbane
- : 07-Aug-2020
- : All Brisbane QLD
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, an aged care facility, family and child safety services, foster and kinship care, social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
“Our vision for the future is to deliver healthy, connected Indigenous urban communities.”
See more at our website - atsichsbrisbane.org.auWHAT WE OFFER
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Aboriginal Medical Services;
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service;
- Access to medical and dental services
As a key member of the ATSICHS Brisbane team, the Child Psychologist is expected to personally contribute to the shaping and achievement of ATSICHS vision and goals within their own scope. The Child Psychologist will provide three (3) Key Functions:
Provide a range of effective therapeutic interventions using established evidence-based techniques and methodologies of proven effectiveness that is adapted to the individual needs and treatment plan for each client.
Effectively manage and coordinate the service delivery model of case managed mental health, alcohol and other drugs and social needs of clients. The Psychologist will contribute in providing access and coordination to comprehensive support services to clients and their families, with the aim to achieve personal wellbeing as part of a holistic model of care.
Contribute to the Development of a Flourishing Team
Contribute and participate in a diverse and multi-discipline team that promotes a flourishing workplace culture and upholds the ethos and values of ATSICHS Brisbane as a long-standing Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.ABOUT YOU
- Qualifications in Psychology with registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of clinical judgement and to prepare and present accurate reports relating to the outcome assessment and intervention of a client.
- Ability to work with a culturally and socially diverse group of clients, and to apply a culturally responsive framework to guide interventions, with the support of staff and management.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in the application of a variety of efficacious, scientifically-based psychology treatment approaches for clients whose presenting problems include: mental health problems (including personality disorders and mental illness), suicidal ideation/behaviour and self-harm, drug and/or alcohol abuse, long-term responses to trauma, and behavioural problems.
- Demonstrated ability to administer assessments and undertake specialised, comprehensive clinical assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply psychological assessment to both clinical formulation and the delivery of intensive therapeutic intervention to clients.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and coordinating case management processes and procedures.
- A willingness to travel across the ATSICHS Brisbane region of services and work across different sites.
- A willingness to provide therapeutic supports and engagement to patients outside of a clinic environment.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in post tertiary studies in general child psychology or educational development psychology
- Understanding and experience in complex family presentation
- Understanding and Experience in complex trauma and intergenerational trauma
Desirable, but not mandatory:
Previous experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
No Similar Jobs Found.