Child Mental Health Clinician
- : CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn
- : 22-Sep-2020
- : All Canberra ACT
The Child Mental Health clinician will provide psychological interventions including the provision of comprehensive assessments and structured treatment plans whilst adopting a range of evidence-based intervention appropriate for use with children under the age of 12 and their family members. The clinician will co-facilitate group based programs for children and their families/carers. In addition, the clinician will be required to work in a multidisciplinary team to support children who have experienced trauma (single incident and complex trauma).
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
You will need:
- Relevant accreditation including one of the following; 1) General Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, both generally registered psychologists and clinical psychologists; 2) Social Workers, with AASW mental health accreditation; 3) a Better Access to Mental Health endorsed Occupational Therapist; 4) a credentialed mental health nurse with ACMHN.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working in the mental health sector with children and commitment to delivering evidence based practice.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to manage risk.
- Willingness to reflect on, review and challenge current practice and an openness to training and development.
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
- Experience providing interventions to children that have experienced trauma
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- A current drivers licence, and
- A Working with Vulnerable People's Card (if working in the ACT)
- A Working with Children Check (if working in NSW)
No Similar Jobs Found.