- : Dennison Psychology
- : 09-Oct-2020
- : South Yarra VIC 3141
This position is available as a result of the practice growing.
Dennison Psychology is an established private psychology practice, based in South Yarra. The practice is committed to high-level service delivery. Dennison Psychology strives to maintain a culture that fosters job satisfaction, benefiting both contractors and, resultantly, clients. This is achieved via a supportive team environment, whilst fostering contractor independence.
A maximum of 6 clients are booked per working day (more may be booked, if desired). Contractors receive high remuneration, on a commission basis (up to $126.75 per client before 4pm, and up to $143 per client from 4pm onward). Option to work remotely (providing telehealth sessions), during COVID stage 4 restrictions.
Unlike many other practices, Dennison Psychology does not expect contractors to conduct their own marketing, and the practice does not provide services to bulk billing clients. All contractors are welcome to attend the practice's group supervision (two hours, once a month), facilitated by a registered clinical psychologist/ supervisor. The client population is primarily comprised of adult clients (client age range is predominantly mid 20's to mid 40's), attending for individual therapy.
The practice provides part-time administrative/ receptionist support.
A position has become available for a psychologist who wishes to work primarily (or exclusively) with adult clients. It is expected the successful candidate(s) will work between 1.5-4.5 days per week. Some days may be worked as half days, if desired (subject to room availability).
Please consider the criteria below, which applicants will be considered in relation to.
· Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA, with endorsement in clinical psychology
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered psychologist working with clients in a therapeutic setting
· Experienced in working with a wide range of mental health disorders and clientele
· Able to work independently and autonomously
· Exceptional time-management and organisation skills
· Willing to work at least one evening per week
· Eligible to register to provide psychological services through Medicare (n.b. we do not offer bulk billing to clients)
· Currently have, or willing and eligible to obtain an ABN
· Committed to continued professional development
· Great rapport building/ interpersonal skills.
Desirable (not required)
- A specific area of interest with regard to client presenting issues
- Familiar with private practice administrative duties - the successful candidate will be responsible for some elements of own admin
- Training/ experience in the following therapeutic approaches is desirable (but not required): emotion-focussed therapy (EFT), ACT/ mindfulness, motivational interviewing, schema therapy, Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy, EMDR, psychodynamic psychotherapy, havening.
No Similar Jobs Found.