CMO/SMO/GP/Registrar Locum Vacancy at Cooma NSW
- : Ozhealth Australasia
- : 02-Sep-2020
- : Cooma NSW 2630
CMO/SMO/GP/REGISTRAR LOCUM VACANCY AT COOMA NSW
Work Type : Locum
- Snow Season Locum - July to September 2020
- Play Where you Work
- Travel and Accommodation Provided
- EMERGENCY DOCTORS NEEDED FOR COOMA NSW - SNOW SEASON (JULY-SEPTEMBER)
- PLAY WHERE YOU WORK
- SHIFTS AVAILABLE - JULY - AUGUST - SEPTEMBER
We have been asked to assist Cooma in finding staff to fill an additional ED medical roster to support their Snow Season COVID-19 response. Cooma will be operating two emergency department spaces during winter, to assist in managing any suspected COVID-19 presentations. Cooma sees a significant increase in presentations during snow season, and manages a wide range of trauma as well as all the usual winter presentations. Cooma enjoys excellent relationships with the Canberra Hospital, ambulance and retrieval services as well as mountain medical centres and local GP’s who all pull together to manage the increased demand.
We are seeking snow bunny doctors who would love to work and play in the snow for the season with a few days’ work, followed by a few days to hit the slopes rotating for the duration of the snow season (3 months) starting as soon as possible.
Cooma is about to open its new ED department as part of an $18m redevelopment which will be operational from 1 July 2020. With the snow season now upon them (and looking to be a bumper season) they have decided to utilise the old ED department space to create a high risk of COVID ED and are now seeking to Doctors to assist in the operation of this department.
· Cooma is a small regional hospital with excellent phone support to Canberra and other hospitals within the district
· Cooma has a Main ED department that is staffed 24 hours per day by local experienced doctors who are happy to support.
· There is an anaesthetist and an O&G oncall 24/7
· All critical/trauma patients are transported out to Canberra by road or air retrieval
· Cooma has access onsite to GenXpert testing to assist in rapid risk assessment of any person requiring admission
· Any patients who test positive for COVID and require treatment will be transported to Canberra.
We are seeking doctors (Registrar, GP or CMO/SMO) with minimum 2 years ED experience. A fixed daily rate is being offered (call back inclusive) and is negotiable depending on experience. Must be able to work unsupervised although phone support is readily available and the Main ED next door is staffed 24hr per day.
SHIFTS AVAILABLE FOR JULY, AUGUST + SEPTEMBER
- 2 x 6 hours shifts per day but we would prefer 1 doctor to cover both day shifts
- Oncall overnight is only to support the main department – it is unlikely that you would be called in, but is a possibility as Cooma can be a little all or nothing.
- Preference would be to have 1 doctor cover all shifts in a day on a rotational basis, for example Locum 1 does 4 days on then a break of 2 or 4 days off whilst Locum 2 covers the days off for Locum 1. This can be negotiated dependant on what your availability is and preferences.
No Similar Jobs Found.