Community Mental Health Practitioner - Dual Disability - Relief Worker
- : Mind Australia Limited
- : 09-Jun-2020
- : Heidelberg VIC 3084
- Supporting customers to achieve their recovery goals
- Casual Role | Flexible hours
- Cheltenham Location
Mind Australia Limited is one of Australia’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
Mind is seeking Relief Community Mental Health Practitioners to join our new Dual Disability service located in Cheltenham. The Dual Disability service provides high quality; community based supported accommodation for adults living with co-existing mental health issues and intellectual disability. Help to support people who want to be free to live as they choose, but have access to staff 24/7 on-site to assist them if necessary.
- Supporting customers to achieve their recovery goals through one-to-one support,
- Engaging in productive working relationships that add value to service delivery
- Problem solving, developing creative solutions and remaining motivated in meeting service needs
- Providing customers with support that is in line with the customers’ goals
- Contributing to the day-to-day operations of the residential service
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in providing consistent, professional customer service to both customers and stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities flexibly, proactively and with ease
- Understanding of available community services, networks and supports
- Willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Cert IV in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field) as designated by Mind
Why Mind Australia?
- Join a Not For Profit truly living its values
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Not For Profit salary packaging benefits
- Learning, development and career opportunities
How to apply or Interested?
To obtain a position description and apply online visit JobsMind- reference number 12597. Online applications must be submitted by Sunday 14th June 2020. Please contact the person below for more information.
We welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
No Similar Jobs Found.