Continence Advisor (Registered Nurse - RN) - Longreach
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 05-Nov-2019
- : Longreach QLD 4730
Location: All Regional Queensland > Regional QLD
Worktype: Full Time
Profession / Role: Healthcare & Medical > Nursing: RN & Div 1
- Are you a Registered Nurse with experience delivering continence care activities?
- Are you looking for a diverse and challenging opportunity and the chance to work in a hands-on, regional community?
- Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied health in far north and western Queensland!
- A highly attractive remuneration package of $100,565 - $112,140 is on offer (inclusive of super, accommodation allowance, and 1 annual flight home)
- Further benefits include relocation assistance, travel subsidy for outreach trips and $15,900 in salary sacrificing!
NWRH now has a fantastic, full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their professional team as a Continence Advisor, based in Longreach, Queensland.
As a Continence Advisor you will provide confidential support to assist people affected by incontinence to manage their symptoms and causes through services including:
- A comprehensive continence assessment conducted with each client in a confidential, non-judgemental environment;
- Education provided on good bladder and bowel habits, pelvic floor muscle training, bladder training; and
- Assistance provided for applications for appropriate continence aids through subsidy and funding schemes.
Further to this, you will plan, deliver and evaluate discipline specific community education activities across the Longreach area, in accordance with organisational and program funding guidelines, including the delivery of information sessions for support groups within the community, and raising community awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease, disability and other health-related issues.About you
Suitable candidates will be a Registered Nurse with tertiary qualifications, current AHPRA registration and demonstrated experience delivering continence care activities; including bladder scanning and the teaching and management of intermittent self-catheterisation.
Demonstrated knowledge of, or motivation to acquire knowledge of, Primary Health Care principles and issues presenting in rural and remote communities will be essential, as will an awareness of local health issues and ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Please Note: Some of your work will involve travelling by both road and air to remote communities, so should be comfortable with this. You must in addition, hold a current 'C' Class driver's licence and have experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
No Similar Jobs Found.