Supporting parents and families is a fundamental part of what we do at Windermere. Windermere’s counselling services support families and individuals in becoming empowered to deal with complex and challenging issues, whilst building positive connections within the community. It is a community with varied and complex needs, but we truly believe that everyone is someone in our community. That is reflected not only in our approach to those we work with, but to those who work with us.Job Description
About the opportunity:
As part of a successful funding allocation we are looking for highly skilled qualified Sexual Assault Counsellors to join our Counselling Team and provide therapy to both Sexual Assault and Family Violence victim/survivors. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Providing specialised counselling to consumers who have experienced or have a history of family violence and/or sexual assault, with specialisation in sexual assault
- Providing short, medium and longer term engagement with consumers, as negotiated with Program Coordinator and Manager
- Providing written reports to a number of external agencies including Family Court, Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, VOCAT, DEECD as required
- Fully integrate MARAM into work with consumers both as allocated and on the Demand Register (wait-list)
- Adapting to and integrating a mixed-modality of the provision of counselling, including face-to-face, via phone, and telehealth (online)
- Facilitating (or co-facilitating as required) online or face-to-face groups, as requested and negotiated with the Program Coordinator
This part time opportunitywill form a vital part of the Counselling team with a flexible/hybrid working model available working both from home and onsite from our Head Office in Narre Warren/Pakenham, with occasional co-location at other Windermere locations for client sessions, meetings and other functions will be expected.Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- Tertiary qualified Psychologist, Family Therapist, Social Worker or Counsellor
- Demonstrated working knowledge within trauma, family violence, and/or sexual assault field
- Knowledge and experience in the use of current and relevant theoretical frameworks in relation to working with parents and children in the context of family violence.
- Demonstrated minimum of 2 years’ experience in counselling
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult psychopathology, trauma & child development
- Highly developed best practice counselling skills (flexibility, innovative approaches, strengths based)
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written skills
Applicants who are highly motivated to make a difference to children and adults who have faced trauma and adversity and share our strong values to help strengthen our community are encouraged to apply.
If all the above said is you, then Apply NOW because we want you!
Windermere honours the ongoing cultural and spiritual connections, heritage, customs and beliefs of Aboriginal people, and pays respects to Elders past and present.
In line with Directions from the Chief Health Officer and in accordance with the emergency powers arising from the declared state of emergency, COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Worker Directions), you must be fully vaccinated to work for Windermere.
How to apply
Please provide your CV and cover letter briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlining your interest in the position.
No Similar Jobs Found.